Former President Donald Trump said Saturday he expects to be arrested on Tuesday based on "illegal leaks" from the Manhattan district attorney's office, which is investigating Trump's alleged role in hush money paid to Stormy Daniels.
Trump, who is running for president again in 2024, made the prediction on his social media platform Truth Social, writing that "THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!"
Read the full statement from Trump below:
ILLEGAL LEAKS FROM A CORRUPT & HIGHLY POLITICAL MANHATTAN DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE, WHICH HAS ALLOWED NEW RECORDS TO BE SET IN VIOLENT CRIME & WHOSE LEADER IS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS, INDICATE THAT, WITH NO CRIME BEING ABLE TO BE PROVEN, & BASED ON AN OLD & FULLY DEBUNKED (BY NUMEROUS OTHER PROSECUTORS!) FAIRYTALE, THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE & FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!
While it is unclear what the criminal charges would be against Trump, reports about Democrat Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's case related to porn star Daniels and the former president indicated in recent weeks that an indictment decision could be near.
The case appeared to progress this week when Daniels' lawyer wrote on social media that she agreed to serve as a witness in the case upon the district attorney's request.
At the request of the Manhattan DA's office Stormy Daniels and I met with prosecutors today. Stormy responded to questions and has agreed to make herself available as a witness, or for further inquiry if needed. #teamstormy pic.twitter.com/BlhlZld6qG
— clark brewster (@cbrew1) March 15, 2023
The investigation involves Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen, who has said he was pressured to make a $130,000 hush money payment on behalf of the former president to Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election.
If Trump's prediction comes to fruition, it would mark the first time in history a former president has been indicted.
After Trump's post on Truth Social, a Trump spokesperson issued a statement clarifying that Trump has received "no notification" besides "illegal leaks from the Justice Dept. and the DA's office" to media outlets about the arrest.
This story is developing.
- Pressure grows to release full Mueller probe as Trump says ‘Russia hoax is dead’
- All the President's men: The key players in the Trump-Russia investigation
- Hunt labels Assange ‘free man’ amid embassy expulsion rumours
- Trump foe arrested in Nike extortion scam
- Records show FBI was probing Michael Cohen long before raid
- Trump's ex-campaign chief Manafort faces 43 more months in prison, and new charges
- 'Porn lawyer' Avenatti arrested, charged with plot to extort $20 million from NIKE
- Murder probe launched after stabbing
- U.S. expands ‘catch and release’ amid surge in migrant families
- Julian Assange whines he has ‘bad teeth and osteoporosis’ as he faces five years in US prison after dramatic arrest
- 737 MAX disaster: US senators call for grounding troubled Boeing aircraft, Trump talks with CEO
- White House security clearances probed
- Subpoenas threatened in White House security clearances probe
- Cops join in rave with Extinction Rebellion eco-warriors at Oxford Circus despite hundreds of arrests and commuters’ agony
- How old is Jon Snow? Channel 4 News journalist and Dispatches: New Landlords from Hell host
- Only UK can solve Brexit impasse, says EU
- Probe into rapist couple complaints
- IDF Probing Shooting Death of Palestinian, Fourth in Two Days
- Julian Assange supporters gather at Ecuador embassy amid expulsion rumours
- Arrest after fatal three-vehicle crash
Trump Says He'll Be Arrested on Tuesday amid Manhattan DA Probe have 687 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.