Qualcomm has announced a new chipset in the mid-range Snapdragon 7-series, the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2. It comes as a successor to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset from 2022. The new mid-range chipset promises double the performance of its predecessor.
Built on the 4nm fabrication node of TSMC , the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 chipset has a 1+3+4 architecture, with the main Kryo Cortex X-2 core clocked at up to 2.91GHz, 3x Cortex A710 cores running at up to2.49GHz, and rest 4 cores are Cortex A510 efficiency cores clocked at up to 1.8GHz. Qualcomm says that the new Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 can deliver up to 50 percent more performance compared to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset.
Taking care of the graphics is an unnamed Adreno GPU , which as per Qualcomm, offers twice the performance gains with a slight improvement in efficiency. The chipset brings Snapdragon Elite Gaming features onboard, including Auto Variable Rate Shading (VRS), Volumetric Rendering, and Snapdragon Sound with Qualcomm aptX codec.
The 18-bit Triple ISP of the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 chipset supports up to 200MP photo capture. Furthermore, there is support for staggered HDR video capture with triple exposure from two simultaneous cameras.
Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2's Qualcomm AI engine promises to offer twice the AI performance of its predecessor, with 40 percent performance per Watt gains. There is also AI Super Resolution, which can upscale game scenes or photos.
The chipset comes with Snapdragon X62 5G Modem, with support for Dual-SIM Dual Active 4G/5G connectivity, a first for the Snapdragon 7-series. Furthermore, the chipset features Qualcomm FastConnect 6900, enabling support for Bluetooth 5.3 and WiFi 6E.
Redmi Note 12 Turbo and Realme GT Neo5 SE will be the first of the smartphones to come with the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 chipset. These two smartphones are expected to debut this month in China.
- Qualcomm announces fourth-gen X65 5G modem with speeds up to 10Gbps
- The iPhone 13 will pack Qualcomm's Snapdragon X60 modem
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon X65 5G modem with 10Gpbs capability
- Photoshop on Apple M1 MacBook 50% faster than on Intel models, Adobe says
- Qualcomm now owns Nuvia, aims new CPU design resources directly at Apple
- Qualcomm announces its next-gen X65 5G modem, promises up to 10Gbps speeds
- Updated iMac Released with Faster CPU & GPU Options
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 is here to usher a new era of affordable flagships
- Intel 11th-gen Rocket Lake CPUs are now official, what you need to know ahead of reviews
- Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 836 processor: Report
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 870 is a speedier version of last year's flagship
- DigiTimes Claims 2020 iPhones Will Use Qualcomm X60 Modem, Despite Previous Rumors Agreeing on X55
- Qualcomm Countersues Apple, Says iPhone Wouldn't Be Possible Without Its Technologies
- Qualcomm may be planning to take on Apple’s M1 chipset, here’s how
- Qualcomm, PC partners take on Apple with new 8cx Gen 2 5G laptop chip
- Don't expect to find the Snapdragon 865 in many value flagships in 2021
- The next Moto 360 may have a Snapdragon 4100
- Apple announces M1, its first-ever Apple silicon chip
- Ryzen Mobile 5000 launch: AMD claim title to fastest mobile CPU
- This Snapdragon 775 leak points to a massive upgrade for the Google Pixel 6
Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2: 50% faster CPU, 2x GPU have 621 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at March 17, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.