Spanish Minister of Defence Margarita Robles has announced that her country will be providing an additional four Leopard 2A4 main battle tanks to Ukraine, along with more infantry vehicles.
Minister Robles announced that the four new Leopard tanks would be sent to Ukraine following the first batch of six tanks, which are being prepared to be shipped to aid the Ukrainian war effort against Russian forces.
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez had pledged to send the additional tanks during his second visit to Ukraine since the outbreak of the Russian invasion several weeks prior, with only Germany promising to deliver more Leopards to Ukraine, El Mundo reports .
Alongside the Leopards, Spain will be sending a new batch of TOA M-113 infantry vehicles — but so far no specific number has been released.
Spain has trained 55 Ukrainian personnel on operating the Leopard tanks already, equal to around ten crews.
The United Kingdom is now running "dangerously low" on ammunition after sending large military aid packages to Ukraine, MPs have been warned. https://t.co/IXDbvKHXCc
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) March 7, 2023
Countries across Europe and North America have sent equipment and ammunition to Ukraine over the course of the war but the impact on the militaries of those countries is beginning to take its toll.
Britain's Defence Select Committee warned earlier this month that the country was running "dangerously low" on ammunition after sending military aid to Ukraine.
"It is clear that the UK and its NATO Allies have allowed ammunition stockpiles to dwindle to dangerously low levels," the committee report said, adding that it could take over a decade to replace ammunition stocks.
The new supply of Spanish tanks comes as Ukrainian forces are on the back foot in the eastern city of Bakhmut, with Britain's Ministry of Defence (MoD) stating that the PMC Wagner group has taken around half of the city.
Ukraine has also suffered large air strikes in recent weeks, with one attack earlier this month seeing Ukrainian infrastructure pounded by 90 missiles and drones in a single day, killing at least six people.
Trudeau Minister Admits Goal is Regime Change in Russia https://t.co/XKto5Lz5eH
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) March 14, 2023
Follow Chris Tomlinson on Twitter at @TomlinsonCJ or email at ctomlinson(at)breitbart.com.
- NATO fears all-out war in Ukraine
- Watch the NATO tank competition where the US lost to Austria and Germany
- Russia claims its deadly T-14 Armata tank is in full production
- The US is moving closer to a plan to aid Ukraine that could backfire dangerously
- A new age of tank warfare may be around the corner
- NATO warns of possible Russian invasion
- Analysis: NATO expansion at heart of Ukraine crisis
- Ukraine truce rattled by fresh attacks
- US reconsidering arming Ukraine’s forces: report
- Britain to join NATO military exercise to ‘reassure’ eastern European allies
- US sees Russian agents behind east Ukraine unrest
- Armor column from Russia enters Ukraine
- US accuses Russia of sending tanks, rocket launchers to Ukraine rebels
- Ukraine accuses Russia of sending in tanks, armor
- This is the famed Russian tank corps that Putin is sending to NATO’s borders
- US Congress sends Obama bill to aid Ukraine
- Russian columns enter Ukraine; leader urges calm
- Ukraine: Russian tank column enters southeast
- No sign of quick end to Ukraine conflict
- Rebels seize ground as West claims Russia army is in Ukraine
NATO Spain Sending Even More Leopard Battle Tanks to Ukraine have 549 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.