On Friday's broadcast of HBO's "Real Time," host Bill Maher stated that he doesn't "trust the government at this point" after the massive amount of coronavirus relief fraud and he doesn't trust the Inflation Reduction Act due to what a mess coronavirus relief turned out to be.
Maher said that while the full Build Back Better plan didn't pass, the smaller Inflation Reduction Act is "still kind of a lot of money. … I've just got to say, I always was sort of on this page, first of all, 3.5 — do you even know what's in there? No. And also, I just don't trust the government at this point. The money that they spent on COVID, half of that got stolen. Hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of billions that went to the PPP…program and unemployment, it was just stolen or given out to anybody."
He added that he doesn't believe there should have been no aid, but "I don't trust the next one when the last one was such a mess. … There was always this idea that you cannot transfer money except by way of a leaky bucket, which I totally understand. I agree. There is no bucket in government that does not leak. But at a certain point, you don't even have a bucket. You've just got a handle."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Massive pandemic relief fraud has Congress eyeing digital IDs
- Republicans Denounce Inflation, but Few Economists Expect Their Plans to Help
- Republicans see big gains over inflation, crime just ahead of midterm: Poll
- U.S. GDP Report Updates: Lawmakers Celebrate Congress Passing CHIPS Act
- COP27 climate summit to test resolve of world battling war, inflation
- How Biden changed his tune on inflation as prices soared and the midterms loomed
- McCarthy 'Commitment to America' includes fighting inflation, border security, protecting women's sports
- The inflation electorate will hold Biden and Democrats accountable at midterms
- Inflation: Why food prices matter for the US midterm elections
- Leora Levy Torches ‘Biden-Blumenthal Build Inflation Back Better Act’ in Debate
- Why inflation will likely stay sky-high regardless of which party wins the midterms
- John Kerry Says Climate Strategy 'Modelled' on Covid Vaccine Rollout
- Restaurants request easing of Covid-19 rules and financial aid
- Small Business Owners Trust Republicans To Help Them Amid Recession Fears: POLL
- RBI’s report to GoI on crossing inflation target: Here’s an imagined draft
- Fact Check: Ted Cruz Says Student Debt Relief Costs $2,100 Per Taxpayer
- Explainer: Biden said the COVID-19 pandemic is over. Is it?
- Biden Continues To Tout The Budget Deficit Reduction. His Polices Have Nothing To Do With It
- Ex-State Rep. DiMassa Pleads Guilty To Theft Of COVID-19 Relief Funds
- Trump Claim Doctors Inflating COVID Cases is 'Facebook junk'—Top scientist
Maher: I 'Don't Trust the Government' on Inflation Reduction Act after COVID Relief Fraud have 469 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.