On Friday's broadcast of the Fox News Channel's "Fox News @ Night," House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Rep. Mark Green (R-TN) stated that he was never alerted by the Biden administration about the Chinese spy balloon.
Host Trace Gallagher asked, "Are you getting any information, sir, from the Pentagon about the specifics or anything else about this balloon?"
Green responded, "No. We're getting very little and we never got a phone call. We never got alerted to this. It's a crying shame when the Chairman of Homeland Security finds out about a Chinese spy balloon flying over the United States, it's just — it's really unconscionable."
Gallagher later asked, "What's the reasoning, what's the rationale behind not telling us more about this, giving us more information, Congressman? Did they think we wouldn't find out about this? What's the working theory right now about why this administration that consistently says transparency, transparency, transparency won't give us any kind of information?"
Green answered, "Well, I think they're ashamed of their actions. They recognize that this is weakness on the global stage. But they seem to think that that's what's best. Don't poke Xi Jinping, we don't want to make Xi Jinping mad at us. Look, the guy has got a spy balloon over our country. This is unacceptable. And I don't really understand why this thing was allowed to come into the United States' airspace."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Biden administration likely to be more pragmatic towards Pakistan
- Business groups start gaming out a Biden administration
- Here are the Californians who could end up in Joe Biden’s administration
- Joe Biden starts appointment blitz with 5am announcement of his COVID task force led by Obama's surgeon general Vivek Murthy, and including Obamacare architect Zeke Emanuel and NIH whistleblower Rick Bright
- 'There'll be nothing': Donald Trump says Joe Biden will take away Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter to combat COVID in the first of his four rallies in critical Pennsylvania
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations across Bay Area
- 75 days of chaos and denial: How Donald Trump can keep fighting his defeat until Joe Biden is sworn in - and even then how does he get removed from the White House?
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Historic Biden-Harris victory sparks joyous celebrations around Bay Area
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden pledges to unite not divide and to bring pandemic under control in victory speech
- It's REALLY not over - how Donald Trump has 74 days when he can try to upend Joe Biden's victory, bring the country to the edge of constitutional crisis and even refuse to leave the White House
- Donald Trump Has 70 Days to Undermine Joe Biden, Even If He Eventually Concedes
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden pledges to unity, progress on pandemic in victory speech
- At a convenient time says Delhi on when Modi-Biden will speak
- Biden moves quickly to tackle coronavirus, the issue that could define his presidency
- Democrats debate fate of Trump probes if Biden wins
- Judge blocks Trump administration's "public charge" wealth test for green cards
- PM Modi govt readies for early engagement with Biden-Harris administration
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden lead in Ohio could spell trouble for Trump in Midwest
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden taking California, Oregon and Washington
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Biden snags Colorado; California gives parolees right to vote
House Homeland Security Chair Green: I Never Got Alerted About Spy Balloon by Biden Administration have 585 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.