On Friday's "CNN Newsroom," Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) stated that the Chinese spy balloon is a serious issue, but we should note that "the low orbit Chinese satellites have been there for years, they're there all the time. I don't want the American people to think this is something new and that all of a sudden we have a concern that we didn't have before."
Quigley stated that Secretary of State Tony Blinken should not have canceled his trip to China over the balloon, and that "if you're angry about something, don't talk about it through the press, talk about it nose-to-nose and the ramifications, let them know we're serious about matters like this."
He continued, "And I'm serious about any surveillance over the United States. Let's put this in perspective, the low orbit Chinese satellites have been there for years, they're there all the time. I don't want the American people to think this is something new and that all of a sudden we have a concern that we didn't have before. Those concerns are there. They have to be mitigated. They have to be addressed. We have to confront the Chinese government. And canceling a trip, I think, would be counterproductive in an effort to at least let them know how serious this is and what the potential ramifications might be for this and other matters that they do like cyberattacks."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Aprilia has 'no excuse' not to improve in 2019 with new riders
- Yamaha reveals new MotoGP livery for 2019 season
- Little known Cockeysville plant produces powerful batteries for satellites, military and race cars
- New Audi A8 to Bow at Miami Art Festival on December 1
- New Alfa Romeo Stelvio to take on Porsche Macan
- UK Drive: Updated Subaru BRZ is still a fantastic B-road blaster but isn’t without flaws
- Breitbart News: What Trump Should Say in the State of the Union Address
- Holden's Australian era ends with last locally-made car
- Brundle: Things weren't right at Ferrari under Arrivabene in F1 '18
- Honda expects gain from keeping same engine concept for 2019
- LCR Honda boss: Cal Crutchlow can fight for 2020 MotoGP title
- Valentino Rossi: Losing 'deserved' MotoGP titles motivates me at 40
- Limiting Use of Automotive Paint – Shootout
- 20 Crossovers/SUVs to Look Forward to in 2016 and Beyond
- From Russia with Land Rover
- Tokyo to L.A. – The Hard Way – In a Suzuki Kizashi: Day 5
- Green Guru Gone Wrong: William McDonough
- Is Kamala Harris next to go?: California Democrat on brink of exiting presidential race after firing dozens of campaign staff and dropping to three per cent in the polls
- Shanghai motor show 2015 - report and gallery
- Critics say HUD sales of delinquent mortgages are hurting, not helping
Dem Rep. Quigley: China Spy Balloon Isn't a New Issue, They've Had Satellites 'for Years' have 470 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.