Elon Musk may have got his will as Twitter has started getting advertisers back on the social media platform. The new owner of the company recently announced that Apple has "fully resumed" advertising on the social media website and if the new reports are to be believed, Amazon is also planning to resume advertising on Twitter.
“Just a note to thank advertisers for returning to Twitter,” Musk said in a tweet.
An hour after Musk thanked advertisers, managing editor of publication Platformer Zoë Schiffer claimed that Amazon is returning to Twitter to resume advertising. “Amazon is also planning to resume advertising on Twitter at about $100m [$100 million] a year pending some security tweaks to the company's ads platform,” she said, citing a source familiar with the situation.
Apple advertising is back on Twitter
According to Bloomberg, during a two-hour Twitter Spaces, Musk said that Apple “fully resumed” advertising on the micro-blogging platform. He even mentioned that the iPhone maker was Twitter’s largest advertiser. Similar to Amazon, the tech giant also reportedly spends more than $100 million a year on advertising on the social media website platform.
The developments came over the weekend soon after Musk criticised Apple for charging up to 30% cut, calling it a “hidden 30 per cent tax on the Internet”. He also announced that “Apple has mostly stopped advertising on Twitter. Do they hate free speech in America?”, and the following day he said: “Apple has also threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store , but won’t tell us why.”
Tim Cook-Elon Musk meeting
The Tesla CEO also met Apple CEO Tim Cook and claimed that both the parties had “resolved” misunderstandings over Twitter possibly being removed from the App Store. “Tim was clear that Apple never considered doing so [removing Twitter from App Store],” Musk said.
- Successful Twitter Advertising - 3 Great Secrets to Monetize Twitter
- Thanks to Twitter Advertising is Dead But Relationships Are Alive and Well!
- Article Marketing Tips - Top 7 Reasons to Advertise Your Articles on Twitter
- Step aside, Kevin Smith: Here are some more contenders for the worst tweet of all time
- How to Use Twitter - Basic Techniques and Tips For the Beginner Twitter
- Is Twitter Useful For Vision Mapping
- Making Money on Twitter - Turning Tweets Into Checks
- TweetBeep and UltraCart Review - How I Used Them to Flex My Twitter Muscles
- Twitter For Traffic and Business - A Media Bonanza!
- Use Twitter to Build Massive Traffic For Your Business
- Use Twitter to Get Traffic to Your Website
- Using Social Media Sites Like Twitter For Your Business
- Advertising For the Small Business Community
- Taxis, Vans, Trains and Buses - All Offer Great Opportunities For the Adventurous Advertiser
- How to Lose All of Your Twitter Followers With Just One Tweet
- The Twitter Phenomena
- What is Twitter? A Beginners Guide
- What Should You Not Do on Twitter Social Networking Site?
- 7 Simple Rules to Success on Twitter
- Best 5 Ways to Make Money Online With Twitter
Here's why Elon Musk is thanking Twitter advertisers have 488 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at December 5, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.