Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) said Tuesday on CNN's "The Situation Room" that he is worried the Republican controlled House will hold "crazy hearings" attacking President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.
Anchor Wolf Blitzer said, "You said in the past, senator, you would support a 2024 run for President Biden. Given where things stand now, do you still feel that way?"
Booker said, "Oh, very strongly if the president makes the decision to run. I don't think we can point to any president, maybe going back to LBJ that a president has had as much of a successful two years. Even today you look at the jobs report we had another quarter million jobs in the United States, the unemployment rate down another 3.7%."
Blitzer said, "So what are your biggest concerns right now for Democrats looking forward, senator?"
Booker said, "Well, you know, I think my biggest concern is we've had a constructive bipartisan Congress. A lot of the things wave gotten done, we've gotten done together. So I'm really worried about the House of Representatives and listening closely to what they say, what they're talking about is not their idea to deal with inflation or help working families. I'm worried their focus is much more attacking President Biden, going after his son, and doing crazy hearings that are not going to be productive and constructive to what Americans really need right now."
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- One crazy trade every NBA team should make
- A baseball family’s young son fights a courageous battle with cancer
- How Robert Saleh’s football dream rose from the ashes of the 9/11 attacks
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- Raiders-Chiefs is biggest game left as playoffs loom
- Survivor’s story: Pulse victim recounts America’s deadliest shooting
- The Big Interview: After a year of change for the UFC, Dana White remains unfazed and unfiltered
- Week in Wrestling: WWE wanted to pair Rob Van Dam and Paul Heyman in a heel turn
- MMQB: Raiders to Vegas, replay protocols on the table at NFL owners meetings
- What the Arlee Warriors Were Playing For
- The Decision and the Doink
- Who Wants To Bet On De’Aaron Fox?
- Storybook Start for Bradford
- Week in Wrestling: Rey Mysterio discusses Lucha Underground, top three wrestlers
- Spending a day with likely No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz
- MMQB: On Dan, Dean and the Draft
- 24 hours with the Rams’ Sean McVay, the youngest coach in NFL history
- NFL 2016: Midseason Grades for Each Team
- The NFL is a Wide-Open Race
- Broken by game he loves, ex-Indiana WR Booth seeks peace, purpose after football
Booker: Worried GOP Focus Will Be 'Crazy Hearings' Attacking Biden, His Son have 443 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 7, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.