Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee sent a preservation notice Friday to former FBI official Timothy Thibault, warning Thibault to save records related to the multiple whistleblower allegations he is facing in the event Republicans take the majority and are able to conduct a formal investigation.
The Republicans referenced in their letter Breitbart News's report from July revealing an FBI whistleblower had accused Thibault, a former assistant special agent in charge, of pressuring agents to reclassify cases as "domestic violent extremism" despite limited evidence supporting reclassification.
The Republicans also cited a whistleblower claim that Thibault shut down a line of investigation into "derogatory Hunter Biden reporting," an accusation initially brought to light by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
"We have been investigating serious allegations of abuse and misconduct within the senior leadership of the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation," the Republicans wrote to Thibault.
Brave whistleblowers have informed us that as an Assistant Special Agent in Charge at the Washington Field Office, you pressured line agents to reclassify cases as "domestic violent extremism" even though there was minimal, circumstantial evidence to support a reclassification. Other whistleblowers have come to Congress alleging that you were part of a scheme to undermine and discredit allegations of criminal wrongdoing by members of the Biden family. Accordingly, we believe that you possess information relating to our investigation and we request your assistance with our inquiry.
#BREAKING : @Jim_Jordan , @repdarrellissa , @RepMikeJohnson invite Timothy Thibault for transcribed interview and demand the preservation of all existing and future documents related to his role in the politicization of the Department of Justice and FBI. pic.twitter.com/82yDNnNoJm
— House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) September 24, 2022
In addition to the whistleblower revelation from Grassley's office, the Washington Free Beacon first reported in September that Thibault "helped bury information" about Tony Bobulinski, a former business partner to Hunter Biden who became a key witness in Hunter Biden investigations after going public with claims that President Joe Biden spoke with Hunter about Hunter's overseas business dealings.
The letter to Thibault was signed by House Judiciary Committee ranking member Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH), as well as Reps. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and Mike Johnson (R-LA).
The letter comes after Thibault, who is also under investigation for a potential Hatch Act violation, resigned from the FBI in August and subsequently denied some allegations against him while ignoring others in a statement through his legal counsel.
In addition to demanding Thibault preserve any relevant documents and communications, the congressmembers also asked that Thibault appear before them to testify, although Republicans, who are in the minority party, cannot issue a subpoena to compel Thibault to appear.
House Judiciary Committee Democrats, who have majority power, control the committee's investigative activity, such as conducting hearings and issuing subpoenas, and committee chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) has not conveyed interest in investigating the FBI's handling of probes related to Hunter Biden.
Hunter Biden is the subject of a brand new narrative film, My Son Hunter , marking Breitbart's expansion into film distribution. The film was directed by Robert Davi ( Goonies , License to Kill , Die Hard ) and stars Laurence Fox ( Victoria , Inspector Lewis , The Professor and The Madman ) as Hunter Biden, Gina Carano ( The Mandalorian , Deadpool , Heist ) as a Secret Service agent, and John James ( Dynasty ) as Joe Biden. It was produced by Phelim McAleer and Ann McElhinney ( Gosnell movie, FBI Lovebirds: Undercovers ) from the Unreported Story Society. The film is available RIGHT NOW for streaming and downloading at MySonHunter.com . The trailer below has been viewed nearly five million times across social media.
- Hunter Biden is prime target if Republicans win Congress
- Mac Shop Repairman Reveals Hunter Biden’s Obscene Password In New Book | The Daily Wire
- FBI Whistleblowers Accuse Bureau Of Probing Parents As Terrorists, Say GOP Lawmakers | The Daily Wire
- ‘He Is Allowed’: Biden’s New Minister Of Truth Defended Hunter’s Burisma Gig
- Tucker: Nina Jankowicz is the most ridiculous of all in Biden's Ministry of Truth
- Live updates | Ex-Swedish PM seeks Ukraine grain protections
- Live updates | Biden: US sending another $150M in assistance
- Britain to send 8,000 troops to Eastern Europe
- I am an ex-Russia spy living in the UK – Putin wants me dead just like Litvinenko & Britain isn’t protecting me
- Walls close on Putin as Germany FINALLY caves and sends heavy weapons to smash Russia
- Live updates | Top Russia official warns of war with NATO
- Checks & Imbalances: McCarthy’s Money, Cawthorn’s Crypto, Truth Social’s Triumph
- Trump associates who have been sent to prison or faced criminal charges
- Brad Raffensperger dismisses Trump-backed challenger as "liar"
- Wisconsin Election Investigation May Be Nearing End … Or Not
- Ukraine War Day 42: Hungary says it'll pay for Russian gas in rubles
- Wisconsin election investigation may be nearing end, or not
- Dem-run states used COVID-19 relief to push CRT in schools; Plan to block Musk Twitter buy shot down
- Ukraine News: Russian troops reposition from Kyiv, some into Belarus
- What is DHS' Disinformation Governance Board and why is everyone so mad about it?
GOP Sends Notice to Ex-FBI Official Accused of Shutting Down Hunter Biden Probe have 863 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.