JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon knocked President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness, charging it will do little to fix the ongoing problem.
Dimon called the program "badly done" when speaking before a U.S. House panel with other large bank CEOs on Wednesday.
"I wish they had targeted the people who actually needed help," Dimon said. "They still haven't fixed the underwriting and they haven't fixed the cost of college."
"We basically put a Band-Aid on, spent a lot of money and didn't fix the problem," he added.
President Biden's plan would essentially give up to $20,000 in student loan cancellation to Americans earning less than $125,000 a year if they received Pell Grants and up to $10,000 in cancellation if they did not receive Pell Grants.
Dimon's denunciation of the plan comes after a Convention of States Action/Trafalgar Group survey found that a majority of Americans would not vote for candidates who support the plan in the upcoming midterms. As Breitbart News reported :
Overall, 55.6 percent indicated they are less likely to support a candidate who supports Biden's plan … Of those who said they are less likely to vote for a political candidate who supports Biden's plan, 49 percent said they are "much less likely," and 6.6 percent said they are "somewhat less likely." However, 44.4 percent said they are more likely to offer their support to a candidate who supports the plan.
Opinions are divided along party lines, as the overwhelming majority of Democrats, 89.4 percent, said they are more likely to vote for a candidate who supports Biden's plan. However, 88.5 percent of Republicans said they are less likely, ad 53.9 percent of independents feel the same way.
A recent poll from The Economist /YouGov also found that roughly 50 percent of Americans agree that student loan forgiveness would be unfair to those who did not attend college, with even more agreeing that it would be unfair to those who paid off their loans.
- Jamie Dimon calls Biden's tax hike plan 'a little crazy'
- JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon Hopes Investing In Boston Will Improve Racial Equity
- Biden to Skip Student Loan Forgiveness in Speech on Cutting Race Wealth Gap
- Student Loan Forgiveness for Teachers
- Should you wait for student loan forgiveness?
- How To Contact Your Student Loan Servicer
- Local leaders build pressure on Biden to cancel student loans
- Student Loan Repayment Options: What's the Best Way to Pay?
- Student Loans and the Racial Wealth Gap
- Student Loan Forbearance: Pros and Cons
- What Is Student Loan Deferment?
- How to Get COVID-19 Student Loan Relief
- Sen. Warren, Jamie Dimon spar over overdraft fees at Senate hearing
- Biden keeps student loan debt out of his joint address
- Why Jamie Dimon's Recent Thoughts on Inflation May Not Be So Bad
- How to Pay Off Your Student Loans
- Biden’s plan for student loans
- Student Loan Relief Has Changed The Lives Of Millions Of Americans. It Ends In September.
- Biden administration reverses Trump-era policy that hampered probes of student loan companies
- Biden Expected to Announce Extension of Student Loan Forbearance
Chase CEO Jamie Dimon Knocks Biden's Student Loan Forgiveness Plan have 514 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.