Over 45 people were shot, four of them fatally, Friday into Sunday morning in Mayor Lori Lightfoot's (D) Chicago.
ABC 7 / Chicago Sun-Times reports the weekend's first fatal shooting occurred around 2:05 a.m. Saturday, when a 29-year-old man "on the Red Line at 79th Street" was shot and killed.
The 29-year-old was rushed to the hospital, where he died.
The weekend's second fatal shooting occurred in a parking lot "in the West Chatham neighborhood's 200-block of West 87th Street" at 3:15 a.m. A 26-year-old man was among a group of people gathered in the lot and he was hit in the chest when gun shots rang out.
The 26-year-old was transported to a hospital, where he succumbed to his wounds.
Minutes later, at 3:20 a.m., a 29-year-old man was killed in a drive-by shooting "in the 400-block of South Clark Street."
The 29-year-old was standing in a parking lot when someone in a black vehicle opened fire.
NBC 5 notes the weekend's fourth fatal shooting occurred "Saturday in the 2600 block of South Tripp" just before 2 p.m. A 41-year-old man was shot and killed in the incident.
The Sun-Times observes that 397 people were killed in Chicago January 1, 2022, through August 6, 2022.
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins , a weekly newsletter focused o n al l things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio and a Turning Point USA Ambassador. Follow him on Instagram: @awr_hawkins . Reach him at [email protected] . You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange .
- 13 shot at Chicago memorial party for gunshot victim
- Chicago council rejects bid to delay Jan. 1 marijuana sales
- Chicago Police overhauling detective divisions
- Thirteen wounded in shooting at Chicago memorial party
- 13 wounded in shooting at Chicago memorial for slain person
- Chicago police reduce publicly funded security for ex-mayor
- Two in custody after 13 shot at house party in Chicago: police
- Jussie Smollett’s New Lawsuit Against Chicago & Its Cops Destined For Defeat, City Says – UPDATE
- Red Hen Restaurant Owner Defends Server Who Spit On Eric Trump At Chicago Cocktail Bar
- 13 Shot at Gun Violence Memorial in Democrat-Controlled Chicago
- Thirteen people shot at Chicago house party
- Mass shooting reported at party on Chicago's South Side
- Englewood Shooting: 13 Wounded, Lightfoot Calls It 'Cowardice'
- Loyola-Chicago trio too much for Grambling in 80-64 win
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Opener Down From 2017 With 22.12M Viewers – Update
- Former Chicago cop convicted of second-degree murder
- 13 shot at house party in Chicago
- Gunman opens fire at memorial for shooting victim in Chicago, 13 injured
- Ottey powers Illinois-Chicago past UC Irvine 76-67
- Brutal Incidents That Have Taken Place On American Black Friday!
Over 45 Shot Friday into Sunday Morning in Mayor Lori Lightfoot's Chicago have 454 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 7, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.