President Joe Biden struggled through a speech at the White House on Tuesday, repeatedly coughing as he spoke about the CHIPS and Science Act.
The president was spotted sucking on a throat drop before his speech, but it was not enough to prevent him from coughing. Biden also tried drinking water to control his cough, but it did not succeed, as he continued to cough into his hand.
The president's cough was hoarse and loose, not the usual dry cough that interrupts some of his political speeches.
But his cough did not stop Biden from celebrating his recent legislative successes, boasting that Democrats were delivering on their campaign promises.
"People will look back on this week, with all we've passed and all we've moved on, that we've met the moment," he said proudly between coughing fits.
U.S .President Joe Biden coughs while speaking before signing H.R. 4346, the Chips and Science Act of 2022, during a ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, D.C., US, on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022. (Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty)
U.S. President Joe Biden uses a tissue while speaking before signing H.R. 4346, the Chips and Science Act of 2022, during a ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, D.C., US, on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022. (Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty)
Biden recently recovered from coronavirus, after spending more than two weeks in isolation while he fought off the virus.
But he continues to display a stubborn cough that is plaguing his political events.
During his trip to Kentucky on Monday, Biden also coughed several times into his hand as he spoke.
He was only spotted wearing a mask during the trip after landing aboard Marine One at the airport in Lexington.
After exiting the helicopter, Biden struggled to put his sport coat back on before dropping his sunglasses and removing his mask.
Watch below as Joe Biden struggles to dress himself:
- Vice President Joe Biden blasts ‘Neanderthal’ House GOP over women’s rights
- Biden gives blazing DNC speech as end of term approaches
- Joe Biden says no to 2016 presidential race
- Vice President Joe Biden leads cancer summit in D.C.
- President Obama wins reelection, beats Mitt Romney to get four more years in White House
- Joe Biden calls on innovators to help stop cancer
- Joe Biden tests political waters in Florida as he mulls 2016 run
- Joe Biden sets himself apart from Hillary Clinton in speech as U.S. waits to see if he’ll run for President
- Joe Biden won't slow down after official exit
- Obama-Biden bond among strongest in White House history
- Greenman: Joe Biden, once a punch line, now stands as a viable outside threat to Hillary Clinton in race for White House
- JOE LEFT OUT OF THIS ONE: Hillary Clinton, not Joe Biden, at President Barack Obama's side during '60 Minutes' sitdown
- Father in mourning: Joe Biden's toughest days ahead
- Joe Biden talks up basketball skills at Black History Month reception, challenges President Obama
- Memorable 'Bidenisms' from Joe Biden's political career
- Vice President Joe Biden booed at NAACP convention - for ending his speech!
- Joe Biden’s laugh-filled debate wasn’t so funny on national security
- Joe Biden's presidential decision hinges on family
- Joe Biden says Taliban is not America’s ‘enemy,’ GOPers Romney, Santorum, McCain pounce
- In blistering speech, Joe Biden rips Donald Trump on immigration, foreign policy proposals
Joe Biden Coughs Through White House Speech After Fighting Coronavirus have 559 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.