CNN anchor Brian Stelter said Sunday on his show "Reliable Sources" that the ongoing federal investigation of President Joe Biden's son Hunter is "not just a right-wing media story."
Stelter added Hunter's legal jeopardy could endanger his father's chances in his 2024 re-election run.
Stelter said, "Maureen Dowd's column in this morning's New York Times basically says that Joe Biden should not run for re-election. This has been a narrative for months, and it is getting louder and louder, including from some Democratic lawmakers saying Biden should basically hang it up and say he is a lame duck and not run in 2024. So where do you come down on this as a former White House aide?"
Former press secretary for First Lady Jill Biden, Michael LaRosa, said, "I hope he runs. I know he's going to run. He's planning to run, as he said many times."
Stelter asked, "Biden's age makes it different."
LaRosa said, "I don't see why he wouldn't run. I haven't heard a reason why."
Stelter said, "What about his son, what about Hunter? Hunter under federal investigation, charges could be coming at any time. This is not just a right-wing media story. This is a real problem for the Bidens. Could he decide not to run for re-election, given his son?"
LaRosa said, "Look, they make decisions as a family, and they will make that decision when it's time."
Stelter asked, "Do you think they've talked about it yet?"
LaRosa said, "No. The president is doing his job, and he's doing his work. He's not focused on that. It's 19 months! Why would he do that?"
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Joe Biden Just Had a Summit with Vladimir Putin and Nothing Crazy Happened
- GOP Murkowski Challenger Kelly Tshibaka: Senator ‘Sucks Up to CNN,’ Supports ‘Radical Biden Administration’
- Rebecca Grant: Biden just gave Putin a big, fat cyber bombshell -- and China is watching
- Biden adviser says reducing red meat isn't sole climate change solution
- Attacks from far-right and far-left only prove Biden's energy plan occupies sensible center
- Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance
- Jill Biden Gifts Boris Johnson's Son Her Picture Book Called 'Joey' - Tells Story of President's Life as a Child
- Jon Voight Scorches ‘Racist’ Hunter Biden, Media Double Standards
- Jon Voight Rips ‘Racist’ Hunter Biden, Media's N-Word Double Standards: ‘Lowest Human Being’
- What grade did Biden get on his speech to Congress
- Joe Biden isn't going to take away your burgers
- Allowing a racist slur against Tim Scott to trend confirms social media's activist bias
- The Biden 5: Deals in China, Costa Rica, Iraq, Russia, Ukraine
- 12 People Who Were Cancelled for Using the N-Word Like Hunter Biden
- How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media
- Kamala Harris is still not ready for primetime (much less 2024)
- Watch: Meghan McCain Accuses ‘The View’ of Ignoring Hunter Biden Stories
- Will Kamala Harris Condemn Hunter Biden for Repeatedly Using the N-Word?
- Joe Biden Said N-Word 13 Times in Senate, Hunter Multiple Times in Texts
- ‘No Yellow!' Report: Hunter Biden Snubbed Asian Women with Dehumanizing Language
CNN's Stelter: Hunter Biden 'Not Just a Right-Wing Media Story' -- 'A Real Problem' for Joe Biden in 2024 have 553 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 7, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.