“Today, I sign into law the Chips and Science Act. It’s a once-in-a-generation law that invests in America by supercharging our efforts to make semiconductors here at home,” Biden said in a tweet.
“Today represents a more secure economy, jobs, and a stronger future for our nation. America is delivering,” he said, adding that the future of the microchip industry is going to be ‘Made in America’.
Late last month, the US Senate and the House cleared the $280 billion Chips and Science Act to strengthen science and technology innovation in semiconductors, manufacturing and other technologies.
“The American people may not know it, but semiconductors are integral to their everyday experiences. They are microChips that are used in automobiles, consumer electronics, and washing machines,” Democrat Representative Frank Pallone Jr had in a statement.
The bill also creates a 25% tax credit for semiconductor manufacturing, earmarks $1.5 billion for technology development for US firms dependent on foreign telecommunications, according to Forbes.
Meanwhile, South Korea is reviewing its possible participation in the US-led semiconductor alliance from the perspective of national interest and has no intent to build an exclusive grouping against China.
Industry Minister Lee Chang-yang made the remarks on Monday, amid concerns that South Korea’s possible joining of the “Chip 4” could cause friction with China, its largest trading partner, if it develops into an exclusive grouping against Beijing.
The Chip 4 is an envisioned alliance of semiconductor powerhouses tentatively involving the US, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan, widely considered a grouping against China and aimed at countering Beijing’s influence in global supply chains.
- ‘There’s An Awful Lot’ Of Somalis Driving Cabs, Says Joe Biden
- Biden sidesteps questions about his son's foreign business dealings but promises ethics pledge
- Biden defends about face on crime law he helped create
- Biden seeks to bar Giuliani from TV news, after Trump lawyer alleges possible Biden corruption
- Former Vice President Joe Biden lays out his vision on foreign policy in NY speech
- US needs to reach out to India, other Asian partners to strengthen domestic ties: Joe Biden
- Why isn’t Joe Biden at the California Democratic convention?
- Former Vice President Joe Biden rolls out expanded Affordable Care Act health plan
- US Media Say Found Joe Biden's Son Has Stake in Blacklisted Chinese Firm
- Biden, ahead of possible 2020 run, brushes off criticism he's too bipartisan
- Sen. Hawley says 'it's crazy' for Twitter to shut down McConnell's account
- 'This election is about you. Your family, your future & the fate of YOUR country': Trump lays it on the line at 20,000-strong Orlando rally as he kicks off 2020 re-election campaign with his entire family and obligatory digs at 'Crooked Hillary'
- Biden unveils climate change plan using Green New Deal as framework, after AOC criticism
- Joe Biden gives pitch on uniting the country in Philadelphia
- Hunter Biden tackles cocaine use, diamonds and alleged business conflicts in candid magazine interview
- Exclusive: 'I'm here': Hunter Biden hits back at Trump taunt in exclusive ABC News interview
- Biden Goes After Warren and Bernie From the Opening Bell
- NY Times Poll: Conservative Biden Voters Want Less Legal Immigration
- Trump’s Plan to Stop Biden: Turn Black Voters Against Him
- Fox News Legal Expert Points Out Prosecutors Debunked Trump's Biden Conspiracy: 'There's No There There'
biden: Future is 'Made in America', says Joe Biden after signing $280 billion Chips & Science Act have 631 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.