At least 14 people were shot, four of them fatally, Friday evening into Saturday in Mayor Lori Lightfoot's (D) Chicago.
The first fatal shooting occurred at 10:40 p.m. Friday, when a 38-year-old driver was shot was traveling "in the 500 block of West 95th Street in Washington Heights." The driver was taken to a hospital where he died, the Chicago Sun-Times reported .
The second fatal shooting occurred at 11:10 p.m. Friday, when a 62-year-old man was shot in the head while sitting at "a stop sign in the 800 block of West 71st Street." He was transported to a hospital where they pronounced him dead.
The third fatal shooting was discovered at 5:17 a.m. Saturday, when a 19-year-old was found "in the 3900 block of West Fillmore Street" with a gunshot wound to his chest.
A 28-year-old man was shot and killed Saturday morning at 6 a.m. while standing outside, talking to another individual "in the 9400 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue."
NBC 5 noted that two additional shooting injuries occurred by Saturday night, bringing the total number of non-fatal shooting victims to 12 by 8:32 p.m.
The Sun-Times observed that 412 people were killed in Chicago January 1, 2022, through August 13, 2022.
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins , a weekly newsletter focused o n al l things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio and a Turning Point USA Ambassador. Follow him on Instagram: @awr_hawkins . Reach him at [email protected] . You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange .
- Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago: 50 Shot, at Least 6 Killed, Since Friday Evening
- Denver weather: Sunny and hot on Friday and Saturday
- Entry lists for the Iowa 250s Friday and Saturday at Iowa Speedway
- Stringent Gun Controls Fail to Prevent 100 Shooting Victims in Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago
- 60 Shot, at Least 10 Fatally, over Weekend in Mayor Lightfoot’s Chicago
- Chicago police, protesters clash during bid to topple statue
- Nolte: 18 Chicago Police Officers Injured in Leftist Attack on Columbus Statue
- Chicago shootings leave at least 49 people shot and seven dead this weekend
- Kristin Cavallari ditches her pants to pose solo for a sultry shot... following split from Jay Cutler
- Heat wave forecast prompts Chicago public housing checks
- VIDEO: Twelve Protesters Arrested After Clash with Chicago Cops over Columbus Statue
- Party island UK! Weekend of and BBQs and outdoor boozing lies ahead as mercury hits 85F from Friday making Britain hotter than IBIZA
- Lori Lightfoot: ‘Too Many Illegal Guns on Our Street,’ That‘s Why We Need Biden
- The Latest: Confirmed virus cases top 14 million globally
- Chicago police punch 18-year-old black woman in the face and knocked out her teeth at protest to topple Christopher Columbus statue
- 14 People Including Children Fatally Shot During Chicago’s Most Violent Weekend In 2020
- Chicago plan would have kids in classrooms 2 days per week
- Chicago Police, Protesters Clash During Bid to Topple Columbus Statue
- WH’s McEnany on Being Called a ‘Karen’ by Chicago Mayor Lightfoot: ‘Lightweight’
- Chicago protesters rally at mayor's house a day after clashes with police
At Least 14 Shot Friday Evening into Saturday in Lightfoot's Chicago have 512 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.