A school board director in Washington state plans to host and teach a sex education class on topics such as gender identity and "sexual anatomy for pleasure and reproduction" for children as young as nine at a sex shop she owns.
Jenn Mason, who is on her second term as the Bellingham School District board director, is advertising two events, titled "Uncaring Academy," one for children aged 9 to 12 and another one for teenagers aged 13 to 18, at her sex shop named "WinkWink," in August.
WinkWink, located approximately 88 miles north of Seattle, describes itself as a "woman-owned, identity-inclusive" sex store that is "not creepy" and that is "open to all ages," despite having to be over 18 and provide ID to purchase any items in the store.
Some of the topics that Mason will be teaching in the three-hour courses — advertised toward children — include:
Healthy relationships and relationship models
The science of puberty
Consent and communication
Gender and sexual identities
Sexual anatomy for pleasure and reproduction [emphasis added]
What IS sex? Kinds of solo and partnered sexual activities
Safer sex practices for all kinds of sexual activities
The ethics and realities of sexualized media and pornography
The event description page says the purpose of these teaching topics is to help "young people to feel comfortable around these topics so that they can advocate for their own bodies, health, and well-being."
In an email provided to the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH, Mason defended the classes she plans to teach:
The class for 9 to 12 year olds is an introduction to topics related to relationships, puberty, bodies, and sexuality. We focus on what makes healthy vs. unhealthy friendships and romantic relationships, the science of how puberty works, consent and personal boundaries, defining 'sex', and discussing why people may or may not choose to engage in sexual activities[.] This course includes understanding the basics of sexual anatomy, including the names and function of body parts related to reproduction and pleasure. We also cover the basics of biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
While some people think of sex as only being when a penis goes in a vagina, 'sex' can really be any activity that a person does with themselves or others to become aroused[.] There's no such thing as 'real' sex and it's okay if your definition of sex is different from someone else's.
KTTH noted that Mason is hosting the classes in a private capacity and not as a public school director or in association with the Bellingham School District.
As Mason attempts to put a positive spin on the classes, some Twitter users expressed their disgust towards the upcoming event.
"What this lady is doing is perverse. 9yr olds don't need to be associated with a sex shop for one, at all, let alone how to's/what/why sex is pleasurable[.] Starting to get disgusting," one user wrote .
Another user said , "Jenn Mason is a deviant and should never have anything to do with children, let alone take 9-year-olds to her sex shop and the fact that she's a school board director…"
You can follow Ethan Letkeman on Twitter at @EthanLetkeman .
- Sean Hannity Is Scandalized At Mutual Masturbation And Bestiality In NYC’s Sex Ed Class
- Jane Fonda is done with sex: 'I’ve closed up shop down there'
- Bullying In Highland Park Schools: Here's What Parents Are Saying
- Sex Education Season 1 Episode 1 Recap
- Austin School Board Approves Radical LGBT Sex Ed Curriculum
- How to set up a school growing project
- Film Review: Sex Ed
- Public school teacher's firing wasn't just about a pronoun, but about intolerance for different beliefs
- We fact-checked the worst rumors about the Providence schools
- Ipswich Bridge School vows to make rapid improvements after ‘inadequate’ Ofsted
- First Parish Appoints Director of Religious Exploration
- As area school systems seek to change leaders, how much difference do they make?
- Sharon High School Alexander Technique Workshops
- Fox’s Keith Ablow: Sex Ed Leads to Children Discussing Threesomes, Naturally
- A Year Teaching English in China
- Skipping School to Get Cheap Flights? Sometimes, That’s a Police Matter
- Is POKEMON a Great Way to Teach Venereal Diseases? Probably Not...
- Pro-transgender children's book prompts school districts to drop out of reading challenge
- Life after a sex cult: 'If I’m not a member of this religion any more, then who am I?'
- How for-profit cosmetology schools entangle students in debt
WA School Board Director to Teach Sex Ed Class to Children at Sex Shop have 786 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.