Working across different platforms can be challenging for the best for us, but the latest Microsoft Outlook update could be a blessing for Apple fans hoping to do just that.
Handoff, a capability within Apple devices that transfers user activities among multiple devices associated with the same user, will now soon be available for Microsoft’s email service .
This means users will be able to start off on an activity like reading or composing an email within Outlook on one Apple device and then continue that activity from the same point on another.
The new Outlook
This isn't the only update which Microsoft has planned for its flagship email client . In fact, big changes are on the horizon for Outlook.
Microsoft recently unveiled its new email experience , dubbed “One Outlook”, for users who have signed up for the Office Insiders Beta Channel, which has been billed as a way to unify all of Microsoft's disparate services.
Previously codenamed "Project Monarch", the new iteration of Microsoft's email service offers users an array of updates and changes, including the introduction of message reminders, simplified methods for attaching cloud files, and a unified view for calendar , email, and to-do items.
And it’s not just Microsoft that has been making updates to its productivity software ; Apple is making refinements to its own tools.
In 2021, Apple revamped its iWork suite of productivity tools with a new batch of hybrid working-focused features that give users more ways to present and modify documents when on the move.
- Want to use email to reach bigger audiences? Check out our guide to the best email marketing services
- How do the big gadget-making companies (Apple, Samsung, etc.) stack up these days regarding their environmental footprint?
- WWDC 2018 live stream: How to watch live as Apple unveils iOS 12 and more
- Apple’s 9 biggest announcements from WWDC 2018
- iOS 12 is Apple’s most boring update in years, and I’m totally OK with that
- How to Get Early Access to Everything Apple Announced at WWDC
- This could be our first look at Apple’s 18W USB-C power adapter for the iPhone
- The best cloud storage services for Apple users
- OnePlus 6 vs Apple iPhone X: can David take on Goliath?
- Reports: New Microsoft Surface Pro coming next year, budget model later this year
- Cinemagraph Pro, Flipp and 1Password among Canadian-made apps gearing up for Apple’s WWDC
- Apple unveils iOS 12 – here’s what you need to know
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 specs LEAK – major new feature coming that could trump Apple’s iPhone X
- Apps and AR take centre stage at Apple's WWDC event
- Kanye West thanks fans for not turning against him after all that controversy
- Apple WWDC attendees: Here’s what else is happening in San Jose this week
- The best iOS 12 features coming to your iPhone that Apple DIDN’T talk about last week
- Cheryl celebrates birthday with Girls Aloud, but there's no shout out from Liam
- Cheryl fans think she's a dead ringer for another celeb in birthday selfie
- What we're excited to see at Apple's 2018 WWDC
- In the shadow of Apple’s WWDC, the PC industry looks to rediscover its relevance
The next big Microsoft Outlook upgrade will give Apple fans plenty to celebrate have 584 words, post on www.techradar.com at July 5, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.