On Tuesday's broadcast of the Fox News Channel's "The Story," Chicago Alderman and mayoral candidate Raymond Lopez stated that gun violence in the city of Chicago has become "lost in the background noise" and stated there hasn't been the same anger, outrage, and federal involvement for gun violence in Chicago that the shooting in Highland Park has received because it's "the difference between the frog in boiling water and the frog in water that's getting slowly and steadily warmer."
Lopez said, "I think what we see is the difference between the frog in boiling water and the frog in water that's getting slowly and steadily warmer. And what happened in Highland Park was horrible, horrific, and tragic. But it was a singular event and it jolts the system. But in Chicago, weekend after weekend, we've seen where it's just one shooting here, another shooting there, a couple shootings over here and it just gets lost in the background noise. But you're absolutely correct, Trace. Where was the anger, where was the outrage, where [were] all of the federal resources coming to bear on the city of Chicago the way they've come to bear for Highland Park?"
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- We Need Gun Control at Every Level
- On Day of Chicago Vlogger’s Funeral, Friend is Slain
- “A great time to be alive and own a guitar”: Chicago’s 1990s alt-rock explosion
- America’s gangland: How Chicago became a cultural capital of crime
- Marvel's New Ironheart Series Is Being Written by Chicago Native Eve Ewing
- Streetwise Video Blogger Slain in Chicago
- Fifteen Years Later, Still Lost in Translation
- Trump Accidentally Got It Right: Chicago Top Cop Has Failed City
- Boxing Is Going To Get Deontay Wilder-Anthony Joshua If It Has To Fix The Entire Heavyweight Division
- Judge Orders Teen To Stop Playing Violent Video Games
- There’s more to trauma than meets the eye in This City is Killing Me
- At TIBCO Now, a corporate cultural innovation shift on the wind
- 2019 Young Futurists: For These 25 Game Changers, the Future Is Now
- Live: Trump comparison angers Sanders at Detroit debate
- Dems warn of divisiveness under Trump in first Detroit debate
- Dive into the virtuosic thrillers of Brian De Palma
- Florida Killer Not in White Power Group After All
- Can South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg break out of a crowded field of Democratic presidential hopefuls?
- The Strange, Incredible Joy Of Warming Up
- El Chapo: what the rise and fall of the kingpin reveals about the war on drugs
Chicago Alderman: Gun Violence in Chicago Gets 'Lost in the Background Noise' -- Should Get Same Attention as Highland Park have 430 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.