We have big news for listeners of The Vergecast , The Verge' s flagship podcast. We are now publishing twice a week — on Wednesdays and Fridays!
On Fridays, it'll be the same show you know and love , with Nilay Patel, David Pierce, and Alex Cranz hanging out and talking about tech news. On Wednesdays, we're going to change it up a bit, and use the show to share even more of the stories The Verge team is covering. David will be joined by The Verge 's expert staffers in a deep exploration of how gadgets and software affect our lives — and which ones you should bring into yours.
So, here is our first Wednesday edition of The Vergecast . David starts the show talking to Verge senior reporter Adi Robertson about the prototype VR headsets from Meta that she previewed this week. David and Adi walk through these new prototypes, the tech behind them, and what they mean for the future of Meta and the metaverse.
Later in the show, David brings in Verge editor and resident headphone expert Chris Welch to test out all the wireless earbuds that we could find to hear how they sound on voice calls: the AirPods Pros , the Jabra Elite 7 Pros , the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pros , the Sony LinkBuds S , the Sony LinkBuds , the Beats Fit Pros , and the OnePlus Nord Buds . It's a wild ride in audio quality on this one, but that's kind of the point of the experiment.
In the final segment of the show, David and Alex spend some time daydreaming about E Ink gadgets. Neither Alex nor David have ever found the electronic paper device that really works for them, so they decided to get together and spec out the perfect candidate — and discuss why it still doesn't exist.
We have lots of ideas about how to do this show, and we're going to do a lot of experimenting with it, so we hope you'll tell us what you like and don't like. Either way, we'll see you again on Friday!
- 'Congratulations!' Naga Munchetty welcomes new member to BBC team amid show exits
- Naga Munchetty welcomes new members of BBC team after Louise Minchin's emotional exit
- Rally Puts Police Under New Scrutiny
- Louise Minchin unveils new project after leaving BBC Breakfast role
- Ranvir Singh announces huge new role away from Good Morning Britain 'Did a pilot’
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded to scientists who discovered CRISPR gene editing tool for 'rewriting the code of life'
- The Covert World of People Trying to Edit Wikipedia—for Pay
- Marvel Miniatures, a New Dungeons & Dragons Class, and More Tabletop Gaming News
- New Kindle Paperwhite arrives with a change that fans have wanted for years
- BlackBerry KeyOne Black Edition Offers More RAM and Storage | Digital Trends
- Unveiling Performance Space New York
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 16-Core CPU, Epyc Server Platform, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Pro Graphics Card, and More Launched
- India’s Best Dancer’s New Edition Returns With Malaika Arora, Geeta Kapoor, Terence Lewis As Judges
- Oppo F19s Launch Date in India Set for September 27, Oppo Reno 6 Pro Diwali Edition ‘Coming Soon’
- Halsey wows in a low-cut top while spending time with partner Alev Aydin during New York Fashion Week
- New Pope: Argentinian Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, is the new Pope
- A Place in the Sun set to sign up new host? Scarlett Douglas’ brother speaks out
- New York to Allow Limited Live Performances to Resume in April
- Some abortion foes question tactical wisdom of new Texas ban
- After Quitting Congress in Kerala, Anil Kumar Gets Rousing Welcome from CPI(M)
Welcome to our new Wednesday edition of The Vergecast have 600 words, post on www.theverge.com at June 22, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.