On Wednesday's broadcast of CNN's "AC360," Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) argued that the Senate gun legislation "paves the way in the future to look at" other gun control provisions.
Host Anderson Cooper asked, "Well, there [are] probably a lot of people who wanted this to — obviously, you said you wanted this to go farther in terms of gun safety or gun control. What do you say to those who say that this doesn't go far enough and that this may make it harder to try to get further changes in the future?"
Klobuchar responded, "We have worked on this for decades. And after Parkland, I sat across from Donald Trump at the White House, along with a number of senators, he said he was going to do something about background checks. I still have the piece of paper, eight times, nine times, he said it…nothing happened. After Sandy Hook, nothing happened. And when you talk to the families who have been working on this for so long, they understand how difficult this has been, how disappointing this has been. So, to start with something that's going to save lives, even if a particular provision wouldn't have saved their own babies' lives, that is an act of love and generosity of spirit that you hear from the families of those that have lost loved ones. That's why we're moving ahead. And I think it actually paves the way in the future to look at some of these other provisions. But if you do nothing and you just go home, then we've got nothing. And that's why it's so important to pass this bill on a bipartisan basis."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Senate passes $4.6B border aid measure; Pelosi seeks talks
- Virginia governor signs bill paving way for Amazon’s HQ2
- Cooling 2D ion crystal may pave way for large-scale quantum computer
- 'Fire chiefs need to explain huge delay in evacuating tower': Grenfell activist says lessons were not learned from 2009 Lakanal House blaze - as report is out today and could pave way for criminal charges over tragedy
- How Britain's digging for victory: JANE FRYER on the giant futuristic 'farm' growing 400million tomatoes and 15million cucumbers a year - and how it may pave way for post-Brexit salad days
- One Week After Orlando Massacre, Senate Blocks 4 Gun Control Proposals
- Rural Sheriffs Are Refusing to Enforce Washington's New Gun Law
- In Frigid Minnesota Weather, Amy Klobuchar Announces Presidential Bid
- California Tries New Tack on Gun Violence: Ammunition Control
- Why Trump's rush to regulate vaping and not guns?
- Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh says he had no idea the man he snubbed in Senate hearing room was father of a Parkland survivor
- What Are the Assault Weapon Ban Loopholes Senator Marco Rubio Was Talking About?
- Judge Blocks Attempt to Post Blueprints for 3-D Guns
- Democrats Come Up With Pathetic Reasons Not To Go All-In On Gun Control Right Now
- Newtown school shooting: Connecticut passes sweeping gun control law
- We Need Gun Control at Every Level
- Mark Kelly, Retired Astronaut and Husband of Gabby Giffords, Announces Senate Bid
- Red Flag Laws Won't End Gun Violence
- How a grassroots group of moms helped push Walmart and other chains to act on guns
- New Hampshire Governor Vetoes 3 Gun Control Bills
Klobuchar: Senate Gun Bill 'Paves the Way' for Other Gun Control Measures have 558 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.