Vivo has announced the X80 smartphone series – the X80 Pro and X80 – in India, days after its global debut earlier this month. The Vivo X80 series features an optics setup co-engineered with ZEISS and a custom V1+ chip. The two smartphones share the same curved 6.78-inch 120Hz E5 AMOLED panel, 80W charging and run Android 12. Qualcomm's latest and greatest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 powers the X80 Pro, while the X80 comes with Mediatek 's Dimensity 900 under the hood.
Vivo X80 Pro, X80: Price and availability
The Vivo X80 Pro comes with a price tag of Rs 79,999 for the lone 12GB+256GB storage variant. Meanwhile, the X80 comes in two storage options — 8GB+128GB and 12GB+256GB – priced at Rs 54,999 and Rs 59,999 respectively. The X80 will be available in two colour options — Cosmic Black and Urban Blue, while the X80 Pro will only be available in the single Cosmic Black colourway.
The X80 Pro and X80 are available for pre-orders starting today, and the sale is scheduled for May 25 via Flipkart , Vivo e-store and retail stores across the country. Interested customers can avail of a Rs 7,000 discount on HDFC cards and a 10 per cent cashback on some selected cards.
Vivo X80 Pro specifications
The Vivo X80 Pro features a 6.78-inch QHD+ E5 10-bit AMOLED panel with a 1,440×3,200 pixels resolution, a refresh rate of 120Hz and a 1000Hz instant touch sampling rate. Under the hood, the smartphone comes with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. The X80 Pro runs Android 12 based FunTouch OS. A 4700mAH battery backs up the smartphone with support for 80W fast charging, 50W fast wireless charging and 10W reverse wireless charging.
Coming to the optics department, the X80 Pro comes with a quad rear camera setup. A 50MP Samsung GNV sensor leads the camera setup with an f/1.57 aperture lens and OIS. The other three cameras in the setup are a 48MP ultra-wide sensor, a 12MP 50mm 2x portrait snapper with gimbal stabilisation, and an 8MP periscope lens with 5x optical and 60x digital zoom. On the front, the smartphone has a 32MP camera for selfies.
Connectivity options on Vivo X80 Pro includes 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, and USB Type-C. The X80 Pro comes with stereo speakers and support for audio over USB C with CS43131 Hi-Fi AMP. Further, the smartphone comes with IPX69 water and dust resistance rating.
Vivo X80 specifications
The vanilla X80 comes with the same 6.78-inch E5 AMOLED panel but with a lower FHD+ (1,080×2,400 pixels) resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, a 240Hz touch sampling rate and a peak brightness of 1000 nits. The Mediatek Dimensity 9000 chipset powers the Vivo X80. The chipset under the hood comes paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal memory. The smartphone boasts a 4500mAH battery, supporting 80W fast charging.
Vivo's X80 features a triple rear camera setup comprising a 50MP Sony IMX866 primary sensor with an f/1.75 aperture and OIS, a 12MP Sony IMX663 ultra-wide shooter and a 12MP 50mm telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom. The smartphone comes with a 32MP camera housed inside the punch-hole cut on the front.
- OnePlus 7T Pro, McLaren Edition launched in India: Price, cashback offers, and other deals
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro 108MP camera smartphone launched: Check price, specifications, features
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro with 64MP camera comes to India, Redmi Note 8 launched as well
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T launched: Check price, specifications, features
- Vivo Y5s with triple-cameras, 5,000 mAh battery launched
- OnePlus 7 Pro review: This is the best OnePlus smartphone so far
- Vivo has done well in India, now it wants to become No 1 smartphone vendor
- Redmi Note 8 Pro with five cameras and MediaTek G90T to launch in India on October 16
- Huawei Honor 8 Pro review
- Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Which console is more powerful?
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro review: This is the flagship to beat
- Realme X2 Pro with premium specs unveiled, set to launch in India in December
- OnePlus 7T Pro launch tonight: Expected specifications, price, India availability details
- Apple iPhone XR, iPhone XS and older models prices dropped in India after iPhone 11 launch
- Huawei's Mate 20 Pro Is a Technical Marvel
- Realme XT with 64MP quad camera launched in India: Price, specifications
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Realme X2 Pro with Snapdragon 855+ SoC and quad-camera setup available for pre-order in Europe
- Samsung Galaxy A50 review: Doesn’t beat Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, Poco F1
- Asus Zenfone 6 first impressions: A worthy OnePlus 7 Pro alternative?
Vivo X80 Pro, X80 Pro with ZEISS optics launched in India: Price, availability, key features have 778 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.