If you’re thinking of picking up a PSVR 2 at launch, there’s good news. Sony has confirmed its next-gen virtual reality headset will launch with more than 20 games.
Unfortunately though, if you’re hoping for fresh reveals, you won’t find them here. Sony didn’t name-drop any new releases, but the presentation slide does include Horizon Call of the Mountain, which was widely assumed to be a launch game.
Speaking within this briefing (thanks, VGC (opens in new tab) ), PlayStation boss Jim Ryan stated: “Right now, there is a considerable amount of money being spent on partnerships with independent and other third-party developers to secure a considerable pipeline of attractive VR content at the launch of PlayStation VR2.”
From Sony’s recent investors briefing- PSVR2 to launch with “20+ major” first and third-party titles- more investment in new IPs than before- two live-service games planned to drop in FY22- “aggressive growth plans” for mobile & PChttps://t.co/PXplzKh3Uv pic.twitter.com/GhTBhVcxLk May 26, 2022
Elaborating further, Ryan confirmed, "That energy, that effort and that money will continue to grow as the installed base of PlayStation VR 2 headset grows also." Otherwise, this briefing outlined Sony’s ambitions for PC gaming, investment plans into new and existing IPs, alongside growth plans for the remaining financial year.
Which games can we expect on PSVR 2?
We’ve not had many confirmed PSVR 2 games yet, though reveals are slowly increasing. Back in January, Sony unveiled Horizon Call of the Mountain as the first PSVR 2 game during CES 2022. Developed by Guerrilla Games and Firesprite, you won’t play as Aloy in this VR spin-off, but you’ll meet her alongside other returning characters.
Since then, reveals have been sparse, though we know Among Us VR is coming to both PSVR and PSVR 2. Coatsink recently announced it’s publishing a Jurassic World-themed survival horror game at launch, codenamed “Jaffa”. Having previously released Jurassic World Aftermath on Oculus Quest , this was more of a stealth game than horror, so we’re not expecting a port.
Otherwise, there are a few unannounced games from Fast Travel Games, nDreams, and First Contact Entertainment that we’re aware of. We’d speculate Sony is preparing a big PSVR 2 presentation to showcase these new games, but when it’ll be is anyone’s guess. Still, given the slow drip-feed of PSVR 2 information we’ve recently had, here’s hoping it won’t be too much longer.
- Play at Home free PS4 and PSVR games available for ALL PlayStation owners now
- PS5 Sales Cross 17 Million in 2021, Sony Promises 10 Live Service Games by 2026
- Sony expects Activision Blizzard games to stay on PlayStation platforms
- Sony shares slide as gaming concerns re-emerge
- Centre of excellence for animation, visual effects, gaming launched
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 Game Announced, Sequel to 2018’s Spider-Man
- Best virtual reality accessories to increase immersion: PSVR, Oculus Quest and more
- PlayStation VR news UPDATE: Big week for PSVR just got even BIGGER
- Oculus Quest 2 out now: Best deals, newly enhanced games and new releases
- Sony reveals the most downloaded PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 games of 2021
- PlayStation Project Spartacus release date LEAKED: Sony’s answer to Xbox Game Pass is almost here
- Games Inbox: Elden Ring vs. Horizon Forbidden West, Soulsborne difficulty, and Death Squared love
- ‘Dying Light 2’ Reviews Show Why Day-One Patches Are No Real Solution For Buggy Launches
- PS5: The 5 biggest problems and how Sony can still save the console – Reader’s Feature
- PS Now November 2020: SIX new games for joint PlayStation Plus release
- PS5 UI REVEALED: Sony drops surprise State of Play outlining PS5 OS
- 'The Assembly' is like a Whitman's sampler of VR games, but it will fill you up
- PS5 stock update: Incredibly, the PlayStation 5 is STILL available to buy at GAME
- Sony Reveals PS5 Game Box Design With Spider-Man: Miles Morales Art
- New Call of Duty game confirmed - release date hints and all we know so far
Sony promises over 20 PSVR 2 games at launch have 681 words, post on www.techradar.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.