Musk has lost about $77.6 billion of his net worth year-to-date.
Tesla stock has been under immense pressure as of late, with shares dropping about 40 per cent since the start of the year. Musk’s net worth has taken a substantial hit as a result.
As per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Musk’s net worth stands at $193 billion. This means that Musk had seen $77.6 billion of his wealth sheared off since the start of the year.
Musk is still the world’s richest person by net worth, however. His closest rival, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos , is currently listed with a net worth of $128 billion, the report said.
Similar to Musk, Bezos’ net worth has also taken a significant hit this year, dropping by $64.6 billion.
Musk and his fellow multibillionaires have seen their net worth shrinks this year.
Overall, the world’s 50 wealthiest people, which include Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, have lost an aggregate of half a trillion dollars in wealth since the beginning of the year.
- BRIAN ESTES — Why high net-worth individuals should allocate to commercial real estate
- City Council urged to seize Musk's O'Hare express offer or risk having him walk
- Tesla cuts 7 percent of staff as Musk says "road ahead is very difficult"
- Elon Musk says Tesla nearly died during Model 3 production ramp
- World’s richest people lost $511 billion in 2018
- Harvard Medical School Receives $200 Million Gift — The Largest in School's History
- Elon Musk unveils underground tunnel, offers rides to VIPs
- Larry Ellison's stake in Tesla is worth about $1 billion (TSLA, ORCL)
- China Offers Elon Musk Permanent Residency After He Expresses His ‘Love’ for the Country
- Can Tesla's new chairwoman keep Elon Musk in check?
- Elon Musk unveils underground tunnels in California, offers rides to VIPs
- Elon Musk says he has ‘verbal approval’ for a northeast U.S. Hyperloop transit system
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX to get $500M in new funding, report says
- Elon Musk unveils Boring Company’s long-ballyhooed tunnel aimed at easing ‘soul-crushing traffic’
- Elon Musk Smoking Weed Sparks NASA Investigation Into SpaceX Workplace Safety
- After Goldman Balks, Musk turns to Bank of America to handle SpaceX loan
- Elon Musk’s pot-smoking video prompts NASA investigation
- Elon Musk says Tesla will bring more video games and other Easter eggs to its cars — but one obvious choice won't be included (TSLA)
- Elon Musk says he personally spent $40 million on Boring Co.
- Elon Musk says he is building "Starship" in Texas
musk: Elon Musk's net worth falls below $200 billion have 438 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.