Now, when someone selects a default audience , that audience selection will apply to new posts created in Facebook that they share to their timeline unless they select a different audience for a particular post.
Previously, your default audience for posts matched whichever audience you chose most recently. So if you had just made a post that was available to the public, your subsequent posts would be as well
“This new setting will help make sure you’re sharing with the right people in your community,” said Michel Protti, Chief Privacy Officer, Product at Meta.
Meta recently consolidated the Ad Topics and Interest Categories controls into a single control that can be accessed on Facebook and Instagram, covering a more extensive set of ad topics.
“This allows people to use a single control to set preferences across ad topics that reflect the interest targeting categories advertisers may use to reach them and the content they might see in an ad,” Protti explained.
“While the text looks different, Meta is not collecting, using or sharing your data in new ways based on this policy update,” said Meta.
In addition, Meta is also updating its Terms of Service to better explain “what is expected from us and those who use our platforms”.
- WhatsApp announces new features including contact-adding QR codes, animated stickers, dark mode for desktop and web, and a new group calling button
- WhatsApp announces new features including animated stickers, dark mode for web and desktop platforms
- HTC announces new versions of the Wildfire, Desire and Incredible
- Microsoft OneDrive updates include 100GB file size boost, dark mode, new admin controls
- Microsoft announces new Windows 10 Start menu design and updated Alt-Tab
- Google to protect employee privacy on company-owned devices
- All Facebook users can now transfer their pictures to Google Photos directly
- Facebook says 5,000 app developers got user data after cutoff date
- Facebook purges 5,000 apps that accessed data after 90 'inactive' days
- Facebook and Google-backed ad firms are objecting to Apple's new warnings on user tracking
- How to move your photos and videos from Facebook to Google Photos
- How to quickly delete your old Facebook posts that could embarrass you
- Facebook profits likely to fall after fake news and privacy scandals
- New privacy and security features announced at Apple's WWDC 2020
- Facebook accidentally shared user data with at least 5,000 apps, even after the 90-day cutoff date
- Third of advertisers may boycott Facebook in hate speech revolt
- New Google default wipes users’ location, web history after 18 months
- Viber cuts business ties with Facebook
- Facebook Employees Take the Rare Step to Call Out Mark Zuckerberg
- How to Get Safari's New Privacy Features in Chrome and Firefox
meta: Meta announces new privacy controls for Facebook users have 527 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.