Texas Democratic candidate for governor Beto O'Rourke said Thursday on "MSNBC Prime" that he believes there will be a "reckoning" led by voters reacting to mass shootings in the upcoming midterm elections in November.
O'Rourke said, "The choice is to vote for people who reflect and represent your values. What I'm trying to say is that too often, we dismiss folks to others who belong to the other political party. We say all Republicans are this or that or all Democrats are this and that. I'm just saying that the majority of us in Texas, which includes Republicans and Democrats, want the right thing. Their values are unreflected by those in power who continue to ignore this kind of slaughter we are seeing in our schools. And, yes, it so happens that Democrats right now who are on the ballot are for common-sense gun laws. Democrats are for woman's right to choose. Democrats are for a state that is big enough for all of us regardless of who you love or how you love. Democrats are for what I think allows this state to fulfill its promise and its potential."
He continued, "When they meet with the parents of a ten-year-old girl who was shot and killed two days ago, as I did, and they will tell you, that girl will never will live to her potential promises. She was the most happy girl, the most talented girl, and she will never get there. You have to vote like our lives depend on it because clearly, the lives of these kids depend on it. I just need to make that case to the people of Texas, to make they understand, there is an option right now to do something better."
O'Rourke added, "There will be a reckoning, and an accounting on the 8th of November of this year. I just want to make sure every Texan have the opportunity to make the choice. I'm asking the people who are working on this campaign meet their fellow Texans, without regard for party affiliation or past voting history or anything else, to make sure people have the chance to do the right thing."
Follow Pam Key on Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- A Mom Grows Up
- Newt Gingrich: Democrats meet to debate (again). Here are five questions that need to be asked
- China Part I
- What's The Purpose And Point Of Your Life
- Family Cycle (I) - Euphoric and Dysphoric Cycles in Marriage
- Compete Only Against Yourself - And Enjoy The Rewards Of Being A Truly Liberated Mind
- Devising An Efficient Public-Transport System In South Africa
- The Microsoft Xbox 360 Console: Powerful Gaming in a Box
- Investment Rates
- Bulgarian Property Market Insight
- Spiritual Shape Shifting - Christian Leadership in an Amoral Society
- Your Almost Complete Fun Guide to Niagara Falls
- The 4 Essentials for a Fulfilling Life
- Want To Know More About Costa Rica?
- Seasonal Experience Of Life - Over The Rainbow - I Was Abandoned At The Age Of Four
- Funding Options and Sources For Your Wheelchair
- 10 Ideas To Help Your Child Believe In Santa
- The importance of seventh house in Vedic astrology
- Epigenetics and Post-Traumatic Slavery Disorder - The Discovery of What Afrikans Already Knew
- Why Reverand Sharpton Could Be President
Beto O'Rourke: 'There Will Be a Reckoning' on November 8 -- Our Children's Lives Depend on It have 543 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.