A strange PlayStation error saw users lose any and all PlayStation 4 trophy progress. What’s more, it also removed the games’ names and labelled them as being for the PlayStation 3.
The issue has since been fixed, restoring all the trophies and progress, but there doesn’t appear to be any statement from Sony about what caused it.
While there’s a very strong chance this was just a random bug that could easily be rectified, some suspect that there’s a greater meaning behind it.
Specifically, it’s believed this could have something to do with the recent rumors of Sony’s Spartacus project aka the PlayStation Game Pass .
Namely, that the error was caused by some in-house testing and Sony’s silence on the matter is because it hasn’t officially announced anything yet.
Is it happening?! pic.twitter.com/upzaZ94cSQ January 25, 2022
The PS Game Pass rumors
Talk of a PlayStation equivalent to the Xbox Game Pass properly kicked off only last month. A Bloomberg report claimed to have heard tale of a Project Spartacus , which could combine the PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now services into an entirely new one.
The service was described as offering downloadable games from the libraries of previous PlayStation consoles, including the original PlayStation and PlayStation Portable.
Sony has never officially confirmed anything, but recent events have given people cause to expect an announcement sometime in the near future.
For starters, numerous retailers have been removing PS Now gift cards and will no longer sell them, heavily suggesting that the service is at least being retired.
Not long afterwards, listings for certain PlayStation 3 games were spotted on the PlayStation 5’s digital store, which could also point to a future update that adds PS3 backwards compatibility to the PS5.
Some argue that Sony is under pressure to announce its own Game Pass sooner rather than later following Microsoft’s bombshell acquisition of Activision Blizzard .
- How do you fix an $80 million error? Kansas lawmakers are divided
- Kansas House OKs fix for $80 million error in school funding plan
- These are the best wireless gaming headsets for all of your needs
- PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U: Which One is Right For You?
- The 12 Best Games For The Xbox One
- Tips For Playing God Of War
- Watch Dogs 2 Had Some Creative DLC For Those Who Stuck Around
- Time for Josh Rosen’s true personality to shine as QB’s NFL career approaches
- As PUBG-like contenders emerge, Islands of Nyne might already have them beat
- How The Makers Of Mafia III Lost Their Way
- NFL Draft: Arizona Cardinals select QB Josh Rosen of UCLA
- Jaguars Draft Spotlight: Arguments for and against selecting certain positions in the first round
- Kansas lawmakers thinking about tax cuts 10 months after repealing Brownback cuts
- DRIVEN: 2018 Lexus LS review – semi-autonomous driving in Yokohama
- Advantage Real Madrid as they score two away goals against sloppy Bayern Munich
- The paultan.org 2017 Top Five cars list
- Mastercard (MA) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The Broncos know exactly what they're getting in Iowa's Josey Jewell
- MEPs criticise promotion of EU official
- Electronic Arts (EA) Q3 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Weird PS4 trophies error adds fuel to the PS Game Pass rumor fire have 524 words, post on www.techradar.com at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.