Reviews for Pokémon Legends: Arceus are out in the wild, giving us an idea of whether Game Freak's latest entry in the pocket monster series lives up to the hype – and from what we've read so far, it certainly sounds like it does.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus is currently sitting at a respectable Metacritic score of 86, with a few critics giving the game full marks. The next mainline title in the Pokémon series, Arceus marks a major change in direction for the franchise.
Here's a roundup of what the gaming press are making of the latest Pokémon release.
In Polygon’s review , Ryan Gilliam recommends the game, and says it finally gives Pokémon fans something new, even if it "stumbles often on its way to innovation… and brings equal parts brilliance and frustration in its updated systems".
Pokémon Legends: Arceus review: A messy, worthwhile experiment https://t.co/8IhHxSEzvC pic.twitter.com/dXgutZQF09 January 26, 2022
Chris Scullion at VGC says the new game is "the series' best game in years", and refines nearly every element of the Pokémon formula for "a smoother and more satisfying experience".
Review: Pokémon Legends Arceus is the series’ best game in years.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐https://t.co/lFcx1I2pCV pic.twitter.com/o1BRZCR8py January 26, 2022
Eurogamer’s Chris Tapsell also recommends Pokémon Legends: Arceus and describes it as "exhilaratingly new", even if it clumsily cribs ideas from Pokémon Go and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Budget bare-minimum, or the series distilled to its purest form? Our Pokémon Legends: Arceus review: https://t.co/vMTsELLUdN January 26, 2022
Jordan Middler says Pokémon Legends: Arceus "feels like the result of Game Freak learning lessons for 25 years, refining the formula, and finally taking the franchise in a new, incredible, exciting direction" in Nintendo Life’s review .
Review: Pokémon Legends: Arceus – One Of The Greatest Pokémon Games Ever Made https://t.co/Vz92aPs9eY #Reviews #NintendoSwitch #Pokemon pic.twitter.com/E8Umh6DkBV January 26, 2022
Sam Loveridge at GamesRadar awarded the game 4.5 stars out of 5 and said: "problems with the performance are the one thing holding Pokémon Legends: Arceus back from perfection. But when you’re having such a great time with the actual gameplay, it’s not enough to hold back this otherwise impressive swing into a new Pokémon generation".
Our #PokemonLegendsArceus review is here and it’s truly the game where you’ll want to catch ’em all https://t.co/ReShjny1Jo January 26, 2022
VG247's Alex Donaldson gave the game 4 out of 5 stars, summarizing : "minor issues with the technical presentation and pacing be damned, Pokémon Legends: Arceus is the best Pokémon adventure in 20 years".
#PokemonLegendsArceus review – the best Pokemon in 20 yearshttps://t.co/Gvrnkc4pc9 pic.twitter.com/6n2pC31r48 January 26, 2022
Change for the better
Pokémon Legends: Arceus has launched to glowing reviews, then, with critics in agreement that Game Freak's attempt to upturn the staple Pokémon formula has landed smoothly. It's not only a game of discovery and adventure, it offers fans of the series something that's genuinely new.
While the game isn't as visually impressive as Breath of the Wild, from which it draws much of its inspiration, and apparently suffers from the very occasional performance dip, it's a bold step forward and charts a new path for the series.
- Best Nintendo Switch games : find which game to play next
- Theatre Review: 'Porcelain' at Out Front Theatre
- Theatre Review: 'The Wedding Singer' at Atlanta Lyric Theatre
- How Hollywood legend (and Oregon rancher) Ginger Rogers made a play for tennis immortality at U.S. Championships
- I listened to every Weezer album so you didn't have to – The Review
- FIFA 20 REVIEW: EA Sports is finally running out of ideas on PS4, Xbox One
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel review (PS4)
- Here's What Happens In The Original, Terrible 'Game Of Thrones' Pilot That Never Aired
- Restaurant review: Sukha Cafe makes a mark on Baton Rouge’s budding vegan food scene
- 'APPLE SEASON' REVIEW: Confronting memories
- ACL Live Review: Fidlar
- An Olympian’s guide to finding the right indoor cycling class in Denver
- ‘Company’ Provides Delightfully Apt Lessons on Being Single
- ‘Company’ Provides Delightfully Apt Lessons in Being Single
- Free outdoor gyms help towns lunge toward healthier living
- What We're Watching: Cam, Desus & Mero, and More
- EPA lawsuit over South Portland oil tanks raises neighborhood fears
- Siberian Slap
- Then and YOW!!
- Zion Williamson show hits Washington D.C. Next stop: Michigan State
- Governor Northam Starts Black History Month with Photo of Blackface
Pokémon Legends: Arceus reviews roundup – a breath of fresh air have 800 words, post on www.techradar.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.