Sheriff's deputies in Maryland waded into cold waters "in 40-degree weather" to rescue a 25-year-old woman after her car became submerged in the Bush River, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office (HCSO).
Posted by Harford County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, December 13, 2021
Deputies responded to Flying Point Park Marina at 1:02 p.m. on Friday after the HCSO received a request to "check on the wellbeing of the woman," the HCSO stated in a Facebook post. Once on scene, the deputies found the woman, who remains unidentified, inside her vehicle, which was situated on a boat ramp and was partially in the water as air temperatures registered at 40 degrees.
Deputies attempted to remove the woman from her vehicle but were unsuccessful in their efforts "before the car completely entered the water," according to the HCSO. Once the car was nearly submerged, the woman jumped out into the frigid water.
"It was at that time, four Harford County Sheriff's Deputies, Corporal Sanchez, Senior Deputy Mothershed, Deputy First Class Tatum, and Corporal Frederick, made the quick decision to risk their own personal safety and enter the water, to attempt a rescue," the HCSO stated.
The deputies waded through the waist-high waters to reach the woman, and Mothershed brought the woman to shore. Emergency responders transported the woman to a hospital for cold weather exposure treatment and further evaluation, according to the HCSO. No deputies were injured during the rescue.
Deputies Brave Freezing Waters to Save LifeAll in A Day's Work!On December 10, 2021, in 40-degree weather, Deputies…
"Deputies put on a uniform and go to work everyday to make a difference in the lives of citizens. I am proud of the work these men did to act quickly and save a life," said Sheriff Jeff Gahler, according to the Facebook post.
- Save $25,000 And Your Dog's Sanity, Don't Leave Home Without Turning Off Your Water
- "Free Puppies" Or A Life Of Hell? Inside Puppy Mills - What You Need To Know!
- Success - Live Courageously Though Afraid
- Good News In America: Subway Singer, Great Kids, Love In A Trunk
- Facts About "Runde Found" - Norways Largest Cointreasure
- Saddleridge Fire Explodes To 7,500 Acres, 100,000 Evacuated
- The worst films of 2012
- The Verizon Heritage - Hitting A Ball And Having A Ball On Hilton Head Island
- CS Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia
- Japan Travel - Rotary Group Study Exchange Goes to Japan, Article Eight
- Large Hadron Colliders, Women, and Enjoying the Swim
WATCH: Sheriff's Deputies in Maryland Rescue Woman from Frigid Waters have 428 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.