Sheriff's deputies in Maryland waded into cold waters "in 40-degree weather" to rescue a 25-year-old woman after her car became submerged in the Bush River, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office (HCSO).
Posted by Harford County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, December 13, 2021
Deputies responded to Flying Point Park Marina at 1:02 p.m. on Friday after the HCSO received a request to "check on the wellbeing of the woman," the HCSO stated in a Facebook post. Once on scene, the deputies found the woman, who remains unidentified, inside her vehicle, which was situated on a boat ramp and was partially in the water as air temperatures registered at 40 degrees.
Deputies attempted to remove the woman from her vehicle but were unsuccessful in their efforts "before the car completely entered the water," according to the HCSO. Once the car was nearly submerged, the woman jumped out into the frigid water.
"It was at that time, four Harford County Sheriff's Deputies, Corporal Sanchez, Senior Deputy Mothershed, Deputy First Class Tatum, and Corporal Frederick, made the quick decision to risk their own personal safety and enter the water, to attempt a rescue," the HCSO stated.
The deputies waded through the waist-high waters to reach the woman, and Mothershed brought the woman to shore. Emergency responders transported the woman to a hospital for cold weather exposure treatment and further evaluation, according to the HCSO. No deputies were injured during the rescue.
Deputies Brave Freezing Waters to Save LifeAll in A Day's Work!On December 10, 2021, in 40-degree weather, Deputies…
"Deputies put on a uniform and go to work everyday to make a difference in the lives of citizens. I am proud of the work these men did to act quickly and save a life," said Sheriff Jeff Gahler, according to the Facebook post.
- Sheriff releases CCTV footage of Naya Rivera and her son Josey boarding boat on lake hours before the Glee star is believed to have drowned in 'tragic accident' - as cops say her body may never be found
- Five Migrants Rescued from Dehydration Along Texas Border
- North Carolina Deputy Rescues Elderly Woman from Burning Car
- Woman missing in Sierra National Forest: Authorities find 'disheveled' campsite, apparent car crash
- Agency helps deaf Maryland woman pay nearly $5K water bill
- Woman reportedly couldn’t hear toilet running, gets $5K bill
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Lynda Carter: This Is My #MeToo Story
- Philly Man Rescues Struggling Swimmer at the Jersey Shore
- Tahj Mowry professes his enduring love for first girlfriend Naya Rivera following her disappearance: 'No woman has ever measured up to you'
- Naya Rivera could have been swept away by 'sudden whirlpool', family of girl who drowned in the same spot believes, as rescue teams deploy sonar equipment as search for the Glee star enters its third day
- Utah deputy honored for rescuing 2 people during wildfire who were 'running for their lives'
- Cast of Glee gather at California lake after a body - believed to be that of Naya Rivera - is found 'floating' in the water six days after she vanished during a day out on the water with her four-year-old son
- 'Mama Boko Haram': one woman's extraordinary mission to rescue 'her boys' from terrorism
- Flash flooding hits parts of North Carolina, prompts rescues
- Watch live: Police give update on body found in Lake Piru, where Naya Rivera went missing
- The 35 most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- Woman Arrested For Wendy’s Arson Was Rayshard Brooks’s Close Friend, Lawyer Says
- Trump’s Rescue of Roger Stone Is a Brazen Act of Self-Protection
- Naya Rivera: Son says he watched his mother disappear beneath water of Lake Piru
- Boaters rescue 2 after plane crash at Lake Jocassee
WATCH: Sheriff's Deputies in Maryland Rescue Woman from Frigid Waters have 625 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.