Sheriff's deputies in Maryland waded into cold waters "in 40-degree weather" to rescue a 25-year-old woman after her car became submerged in the Bush River, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office (HCSO).
Posted by Harford County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, December 13, 2021
Deputies responded to Flying Point Park Marina at 1:02 p.m. on Friday after the HCSO received a request to "check on the wellbeing of the woman," the HCSO stated in a Facebook post. Once on scene, the deputies found the woman, who remains unidentified, inside her vehicle, which was situated on a boat ramp and was partially in the water as air temperatures registered at 40 degrees.
Deputies attempted to remove the woman from her vehicle but were unsuccessful in their efforts "before the car completely entered the water," according to the HCSO. Once the car was nearly submerged, the woman jumped out into the frigid water.
"It was at that time, four Harford County Sheriff's Deputies, Corporal Sanchez, Senior Deputy Mothershed, Deputy First Class Tatum, and Corporal Frederick, made the quick decision to risk their own personal safety and enter the water, to attempt a rescue," the HCSO stated.
The deputies waded through the waist-high waters to reach the woman, and Mothershed brought the woman to shore. Emergency responders transported the woman to a hospital for cold weather exposure treatment and further evaluation, according to the HCSO. No deputies were injured during the rescue.
Deputies Brave Freezing Waters to Save LifeAll in A Day's Work!On December 10, 2021, in 40-degree weather, Deputies…
"Deputies put on a uniform and go to work everyday to make a difference in the lives of citizens. I am proud of the work these men did to act quickly and save a life," said Sheriff Jeff Gahler, according to the Facebook post.
- Dramatic Video Shows News Cameraman Helping Rescue Woman Stuck in Flood
- 15-year-old dog, found swimming in stranger's pool, rescued by delighted Napa police
- Washington student rescued after climbing tree to escape wolves
- Multiple people killed in shooting at Maryland Rite Aid complex, female suspect hospitalized
- 4900 Migrants Rescued by CBP, Border Patrol in 2019
- What a salty seadog! Border collie is rescued after drifting out to sea for an hour and a half ending up 400 yards from the shore
- Shape of Water and Monster Trucks Are Basically the Same Movie
- WATCH: Woman Ditches Stolen Car, Jumps Off Bridge to Evade Police
- Bridge Collapses Near Seattle, Cars With People Reportedly In Water
- The Latest: Campers rescued from snowy woods after 2 weeks
- Sheltering the homeless from the cold is personal for this deputy. She’s looking for her brother.
- Lost Hikers Rescued By Palm Desert Deputies
- Maryland community heartbroken after second flood in 2 years
- Tulsa Muslim woman alleges Sheriff's Office violated her religious rights by forcing her to remove hijab in public
- The Latest: Woman remembers cold water, fearing for her kids
- The Latest: Family went on boat tour for boy who loved water
- 2 detainees drown as van swept into S. Carolina flood waters
- Maryland man dies while scuba diving in Florida Keys
- Deputies: Woman claims she was handed baby at Disney resort
- Trevor Noah Rips Sheriff Israel For Touting His ‘Amazing’ Leadership: ‘I’m Sorry, But No’
WATCH: Sheriff's Deputies in Maryland Rescue Woman from Frigid Waters have 548 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.