Sheriff's deputies in Maryland waded into cold waters "in 40-degree weather" to rescue a 25-year-old woman after her car became submerged in the Bush River, according to the Harford County Sheriff's Office (HCSO).
Posted by Harford County Sheriff’s Office on Monday, December 13, 2021
Deputies responded to Flying Point Park Marina at 1:02 p.m. on Friday after the HCSO received a request to "check on the wellbeing of the woman," the HCSO stated in a Facebook post. Once on scene, the deputies found the woman, who remains unidentified, inside her vehicle, which was situated on a boat ramp and was partially in the water as air temperatures registered at 40 degrees.
Deputies attempted to remove the woman from her vehicle but were unsuccessful in their efforts "before the car completely entered the water," according to the HCSO. Once the car was nearly submerged, the woman jumped out into the frigid water.
"It was at that time, four Harford County Sheriff's Deputies, Corporal Sanchez, Senior Deputy Mothershed, Deputy First Class Tatum, and Corporal Frederick, made the quick decision to risk their own personal safety and enter the water, to attempt a rescue," the HCSO stated.
The deputies waded through the waist-high waters to reach the woman, and Mothershed brought the woman to shore. Emergency responders transported the woman to a hospital for cold weather exposure treatment and further evaluation, according to the HCSO. No deputies were injured during the rescue.
Deputies Brave Freezing Waters to Save LifeAll in A Day's Work!On December 10, 2021, in 40-degree weather, Deputies…
"Deputies put on a uniform and go to work everyday to make a difference in the lives of citizens. I am proud of the work these men did to act quickly and save a life," said Sheriff Jeff Gahler, according to the Facebook post.
- WATCH – FL Deputy Tases Knife-Wielding Woman in Walmart: Authorities
- WATCH: Deputies, Citizen Rescue Man from Burning Car
- Maryland Woman Charged With Murder After Woman’s Body Found
- Going Above & Beyond, Florida Deputy Climbs Balconies To Save Baby From Burning Building
- WATCH: Driver Rescued After Crashing Into Canal Near Waterford
- Frederick County Deputy Involved In Shootout Cleared To Return To Duty
- Woman & Infant Found Dead At Scene Of Waldorf House Fire
- ‘Splat Gun’ TikTok Challenge Comes To Maryland, Officials Say
- Woman Survives 6 Days Stranded In Snow In Lassen County Near Little Valley
- Yuba County Deputies Arrest Woman Whose 2 Boys Were Found Drowned in Bathtub
- SEE IT: Heroic Florida Deputies Pull Man From Burning Car
- Maryland Weather: Mix Of Sun & Clouds
- Maryland Seeks Solutions For Ship Stuck In Chesapeake Bay
- Maryland Weather: Sunny & Warm
- Woman Hospitalized After Accidental Fire Breaks Out At Severn Home
- Deoghar cable car mishap: Woman falls to death during rescue operation, watch
- Woman, 41, Found Dead In Roseville-Area Residence; Homicide Investigation Underway
- Jharkhand ropeway accident: IAF rescues 10 more
- Family Rescued From Sinking Boat Sunday: Hillsborough Sheriff
- Pasco Sheriff's Service Level Ranked 64 Out of 67 Florida Counties
WATCH: Sheriff's Deputies in Maryland Rescue Woman from Frigid Waters have 496 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.