Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The ReidOut" that the American people had lost respect for the Supreme Court.
She argued it needed to be expanded.
Warren said, "The problem we've got is first, that Mitch McConnell hijacked this court. He stole the Supreme Court seat so that President Obama didn't get to name someone, and then he crammed through a nominee just weeks before President Biden was elected. But this Supreme Court's response to that has not been to try to restore its own integrity and try to put balance back in the court but instead to lean into the extremism."
She added, "We got a court that over time is taking out the basic notion of the rule of law. The idea that we decide something and pretty much stick with that. It takes a long time before we make changes. But not for this court. This court is there to undercut long-established rules that protect unions, to take away people's right to their day in court, to take away voting rights. Now we've watched them., they're right on the edge of saying in basically the Roe versus Wade decision, 'Nope, we're going to turn that around.' This court has lost the respect of the American people. The only way, I believe, that we're going to rebuild that is we need to bring in more justices. We need to get some balance back in this court."
Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Black Americans Have a Message for Democrats: Not Being Trump Is Not Enough
- Historian Iris Chang won many battles / The war she lost raged within
- Elizabeth Warren rips Fed's "extreme" interest rates hike as anger grows
- The ‘Lost Cause’ That Built Jim Crow
- Ferguson Police Tainted by Bias, Justice Department Says
- Biden admin is prosecuting people for having classified documents at home
- American Auto Jobs at Risk with USMCA Ruling for Canada, Mexico
- Bella Thorne Says She Lost Role at Age 10 After Director Claimed She ‘Flirted’ With Him
- GOP Blasts ‘Colossal Failure’ of SCOTUS Investigation to Identify Roe Opinion Leaker
- SCOTUS Gives 2nd Circuit Time to Handle Suit Against NY Gun Control
- Schumer: ‘No Reason On God’s Green Earth’ SCOTUS Hearings ‘Shouldn’t Be Delayed’ | The Daily Wire
- The Supreme Court Justices Do Not Seem to Be Getting Along
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Warren is 5th justice with Navy ship
- Elizabeth Warren Grapples With Presidential Loss in New Book
- Before Justices Rule, Floridians Consider Life Without Health Subsidies
- Just Use ‘the Computer’ at the Fed to Give People More Money
- Justice Thomas Says Leaked Opinion Destroyed Trust at the Supreme Court
- Biden Follows Warrens Lead Toward Federalizing Rules For Rental Housing
- Justices Kavanaugh and Thomas Question Death Row Inmate's Religious Beliefs
- The Warren Buffett way to profit from the energy crisis
Warren: SCOTUS 'Has Lost the Respect of the American People' -- We Need More Justices have 474 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.