Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The ReidOut" that the American people had lost respect for the Supreme Court.
She argued it needed to be expanded.
Warren said, "The problem we've got is first, that Mitch McConnell hijacked this court. He stole the Supreme Court seat so that President Obama didn't get to name someone, and then he crammed through a nominee just weeks before President Biden was elected. But this Supreme Court's response to that has not been to try to restore its own integrity and try to put balance back in the court but instead to lean into the extremism."
She added, "We got a court that over time is taking out the basic notion of the rule of law. The idea that we decide something and pretty much stick with that. It takes a long time before we make changes. But not for this court. This court is there to undercut long-established rules that protect unions, to take away people's right to their day in court, to take away voting rights. Now we've watched them., they're right on the edge of saying in basically the Roe versus Wade decision, 'Nope, we're going to turn that around.' This court has lost the respect of the American people. The only way, I believe, that we're going to rebuild that is we need to bring in more justices. We need to get some balance back in this court."
Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- ‘I Have Made Mistakes’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes at Native American Forum
- Sarah Palin Mourns Senator John McCain: 'We Lost an American Original'
- Scooter Braun addresses Taylor Swift drama, breaking months-long silence: 'People need to communicate'
- White House's former top Russian aide savages Donald Trump's defenders in impeachment testimony saying their claim Ukraine interfered in 2016 election is a Vladimir Putin lie designed to 'destroy the faith of American people in our democracy'
- Analysis: Warren has a plan to win support from black women
- Here’s Who Won (and Lost) the First Democratic Primary Debate
- Is Pocahontas a Racial Slur? Native Americans Say They're Insulted by Trump's Remarks
- Ady Barkan, activist with ALS, endorses Elizabeth Warren for president
- Elizabeth Warren: quiet revolutionary who could challenge Hillary Clinton in Democrats' 2016 race
- Warren plans Iowa trip in another step toward 2020 campaign
- Bryan Dean Wright: ‘Elizabeth Warren Is What You Get When A Party Throws Out Facts’
- Warren 'fully committed' to 'Medicare for All'
- The Key Health Financing Source Elizabeth Warren Isn’t Using
- John Paul Stevens, retired Supreme Court Justice, has died at 99
- Tulsi Gabbard: ‘I Don’t See Deplorables, I See Fellow Americans’
- Elizabeth Warren cements status as Democratic frontrunner by being focus of rivals' attack in 2020 debate, but it's Bernie who gets AOC and her Squad's coveted endorsement, as all 12 candidates unite behind impeaching Trump
- 9/11 victim's son reacts to Omar's 'some people did something' remark
- David Brooks: Politics Is Too Uncivil — and Anyone to My Left Is Un-American
- Justice Ginsburg, nearing 85, signals she won't retire soon
- Is Elizabeth Warren Too Conservative For Democrats?
Warren: SCOTUS 'Has Lost the Respect of the American People' -- We Need More Justices have 518 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.