I have a large — and growing — collection of smartwatches.
So when Motorola emailed me this morning announcing that its Moto Watch 100 is now available for pre-order, I was intrigued. After seeing that it was priced at just $99.99, I placed my order and will be reviewing one soon.
The Moto Watch 100 runs a real-time operating system (RTOS) called Moto Watch OS, similar to what we see from others like OnePlus and Amazfit. One benefit of running an RTOS is long battery life; Motorola advertises 14 days for this new watch.
The OnePlus Watch is available for $159, but I returned it after a week of testing because it just wasn’t ready for release. On the other hand, Amazfit watches are great, especially the GTR 3 priced at $179.99 . I’ll be pitting the Moto Watch 100 against a watch almost double its price, so my expectations are low.
While I’m not expecting the Moto Watch 100 to challenge the Apple Watch or Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 in all respects, it has a lot of potential. It includes essential features expected of a health and fitness watch today, and it will soon support working with the iPhone, too.
- Display : 1.3-inch, 64-color display, 280×280 pixels, sapphire glass touchscreen LCD
- Materials : Aluminum with 20mm silicone sport strap
- Wireless connectivity : Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors : Optical heart rate monitor, accelerometer, gyroscope
- GPS : GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Water resistance : 5 ATM
- Battery : Up to 2 weeks of battery life, 355mAh, full charge in 60 minutes
- Dimensions : 42 x 46 x 11.9 mm and 45.8 grams (with strap)
- Color options : Black and Silver
Heart rate tracking, blood oxygen measurements, steps, sleep, GPS, and more are all included in this low-cost watch. It supports a total of 26 sport modes, synching its data to a companion smartphone app. We’ll be checking for any capability to export or share that data more broadly in our coming review.
- Watch: 100 drones put on a light show above Mojave Desert
- The 11 Best Android Smartwatches That’ll Enhance Your Fitness And Fashion
- Apple Watch User Base Crosses 100 Million as Smartwatch Market Grows 27 Percent YoY in Q2: Counterpoint
- Citizen CZ Smart Review: Nearly a Great Citizen Smartwatch | Digital Trends
- Why HUAWEI Watch 3 Pro Is the Ultimate Smartwatch Choice for 2021
- Casio's Making a G-Shock Smartwatch, And It's Going To Be Tough | Digital Trends
- This Porsche Design smartwatch is a beautiful Apple Watch alternative
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 vs. Galaxy Watch 4 Classic | Digital Trends
- Save £100 on the Apple Watch Series 6 at Amazon right now
- Best Smartwatches You Can Buy Under Rs 10,000 in India in August 2021
- Best Smartwatches in India Under Rs 10,000 in July 2021
- You Don't Sacrifice Much with the Apple Watch SE
- ZTE Watch Live Smartwatch With Heart Rate Monitoring, Up to 21 Days of Battery Life Launched
- Save up to 40% on Garmin smartwatches in this Amazon sale
- Samsung emerges as India’s leading smartwatch brand: IDC report
- Best Smartwatches You Can Buy Under Rs 15,000 in India in August 2021
- Xiaomi Mi Watch Revolve Active India launch date confirmed for June 22
- OnePlus Watch May Have Not One But Two Variants, BIS Certification Suggests
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is not compatible with iOS
- Minix Zero smartwatch with 14 days battery backup launched: Price, specs and more
Moto Watch 100: A compelling smartwatch for less than $100 have 508 words, post on www.zdnet.com at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.