Paris-based taxi company G7 , which reportedly operates one of the largest Tesla taxi fleets in the world, announced that it has suspended all its Model 3 taxis after a severe fatal crash that occurred last weekend.
According to the auto-tech website Electrek, one of the company’s drivers was driving the Model 3 taxi as a personal vehicle on December 11 in Paris when he lost control, hit a cyclist, and ran over several pedestrians before crashing into a van.
The accident resulted in one death and injured 20 people, three critically.
After the crash, the Model 3 driver, who was not hurt, claimed that a “technical issue” resulted in the vehicle accelerating by itself, the report said.
“As a precautionary measure and in accordance with our procedures, G7 has decided to suspend the 37 drivers affiliated to G7 equipped with the model similar to the vehicle involved, pending the investigation,” the company was quoted as saying.
G7 also operates a fleet of 50 Tesla Model S vehicles, but those are going to remain in service.
Tesla France has commented, stating that there’s no indication that a technical defect was involved in this accident, the report said.
- Let Jalopnik Test Drive Your Tesla Model 3
- Taxi 'Recap' - The Short Version; Part 2
- Can the Wall Street Crash Happen Again?
- Ford to Make Human Body Model Available to Automotive Consortium
- How To Choose A Best Car Rental Company
- In House or Outsourced Medical Billing - Which Model Is Right For Your Practice?
- BMW's New CEO Has to Catch Up to Tesla
- Some Of The Things You Need To Know About Buying Ford Steering and Suspension Parts
- A Review Of The Current Mercury Car Models
- The Homeland Onshore Model - A Domestic Alternative To Offshore Outsourcing
- Chevy Needs A Mid-Engine Corvette Because Corvette Buyers Are Too Old
- An Accident Reconstruction Primer
- Forces and Trends in Business
- When Moving Home Do You DIY Or Call The Professionals?
- UPDATE 6-Fund empire of once-star manager Neil Woodford shuts
- Using Your Phone While Traveling Can Be Cheap If You Plan Ahead
- Are You Prepared For The Greatest Boom & Bust Of Them All?
- Increasing Manufacturing Profits Through Precision Pricing
- What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Used Car Classifieds
- Professional IT (Information Technology) Assistance - A Right Choice For Smart Businesses
Major crash led to suspension of its Tesla Model 3 by taxi company have 390 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.