Source: Jeramy Johnson / Android Central
Update, Dec 1 (3.45 p.m. ET) : Rolling out for some users
What you need to know
- Google is working on a new “nudges” feature for its Messages app.
- The feature will remind you to respond to important texts.
- It will likely begin rolling out to users sometime later this year.
Gmail’s nudges feature, which was introduced in 2018, reminds users to follow up on emails that it thinks may be important. New strings found in the latest beta update for the Google Messages app suggest the app will soon highlight “messages you might have forgotten to respond to” at the top of the inbox. It will also show you “messages you might need to follow up on.”
Google Messages already supports chat reminders, but they need to be set manually. Once the “nudges” feature rolls out, the app will automatically remind you to reply to important chats.
Source: XDA Developers
While the screenshot above confirms the feature is currently in development, there’s no word on when it will actually become available on the best Android phones . As is usually the case, however, nudges will likely be available on the beta channel first. If you want to try out the feature before it makes its way to the stable version, you’ll have to sign up for the Google Messages beta program .
The app has already gained several new features this year — including the auto OTP deletion and the ability to sort messages into different categories using machine learning technology.
Unfortunately, both auto OTP deletion and automatic message sorting features are currently limited to users in India. While it is possible that they will expand to other markets in the future, Google hasn’t confirmed any plans yet.
Update, Dec 1 (3:45 p.m. ET) ― Some users are getting the new feature in the latest update
It appears that the “Nudges” feature is beginning to roll out on Google Messages for some users. As pointed out by Mishaal Rahman, the feature is showing up in version 10.8.260.
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) November 30, 2021
The new Nudges feature shows up in the Suggestions menu alongside Google Assistant and Smart Reply features. That said, it does not appear to be live for everyone just yet and is likely a server-side switch.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more .
I don’t want to buy an iPod Touch. Since I want a reasonably priced PMP with acceptable audio hardware that can install a few crucial apps, I might have to.
VoLTE — or Voice over LTE — is the new standard for calling throughout the U.S., Canada, and parts of Europe. Not only does it facilitate much higher call quality between cell phones, but it allows devices to stay connected to LTE while on a call, improving data speeds for everyone.
Sony is planning to create a service similar to Xbox Game Pass, according to a new report. The service could launch as early as sometime in the spring of 2022, with multiple tiers.
Google Assistant is the most useful smart voice assistant for getting your questions answered and keeping track of your digital life, but it’s also great at helping you control your smart home devices and services. Here’s what you need to know to take advantage of this helpful feature!
- Google Photos is adding this cool new feature
- Google Starts Rolling Out Options to Auto-Delete Web & App, Location Histories Every Few Months
- Google Go Incognito Mode Starts Rolling Out in Over a Dozen Languages in India
- Google bets big with several 'India first' features
- WhatsApp Launches Snapchat-Like Status Feature
- Google Earth Turns 10, Gets New Voyager Feature
- Help Google Fight Spam With 'Gmail Postmaster Tools'
- Path Update Adds Larger Photos, 'Nudge' Feature
- Google Tries Out New Gmail Login Screen
- Google Makes Android Texting More Like iMessage
- Google Photos is introducing a new Favorites feature to make the service more social media like
- WhatsApp unveils Snapchat stories like status feature on its 8th birthday
- Google Assistant is rolling out for Android devices at large
- Google Plus open for all, adds new features
- Google Allo might get a Quick Selfie feature in its next update
- Skype for Windows Phone Gets Snapchat-Like Drawing Feature
- LinkedIn Adds Facebook-Like 'Mention' Feature
- Google Pixel starts strong in India
- Google Rolling Out Automatic Message Translation for Gmail
- Gmail's 'Unsubscribe' Feature Available To All Users
Google Messages starts rolling out Gmail-like 'Nudges' feature have 858 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.