Democrat strategist James Carville said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The Beat" that Americans should "strap in" because the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot at the Capitol will expose former President Donald Trump was behind the "massive criminal act."
Carville said, "It was a massive criminal act. The people who penetrated that Capitol were criminals. The people who helped them penetrate the Capitol were criminals. You're a lawyer. You know this—if I drive the getaway car or I case the place out, I'm as guilty as the trigger man. That's the way the law operates. They are going to find that members of Congress were aiding and abetting this, that Trump was behind it, major people in the administration were behind it. We have to remember this was a massive criminal attack. It wasn't just an assault on the temple of democracy or whatever we say, were criminals in that building. These were people on Fox who were aiding and abetting criminality. That's not a good thing, not in a nation of laws. I hope they stay very, very aggressive and expose these criminals and the people that supported them to the very extent they possibly can. We're going to find out a lot, a whole lot. Strap in, people. Strap in."
Melber said, "Strap in. James Carville said it. Strap in."
Carville said, "Remember, the getaway car driver, the guy that cased the joint is just as guilty as the people that went in the bank. Never forget that. That's the law."
Melber said, "It's called felony murder for a reason. It means even if you didn't do the strangling, if you committed a felony in the act, you can be held accountable. They were trying to murder democracy literally."
Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Giuliani’s New Tactic: Arguing Trump Can Literally Get Away With Murder
- Trump made 30 false claims on Davos trip, 44 total last week
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump on Democrats, impeachment and cows
- Trump lawyer says Dems want to “overturn” last election
- Impeachment, war, and rally crowds: Trump made 49 false claims last week
- 'Totally partisan Impeachment Hoax!' Donald Trump complains about how he's been treated 'unfairly' after his lawyers accused Democrats of trying to overturn his election in the first day of defense at impeachment trial
- Donald Trump made 84 false claims last week
- Veteran US Lawyer Reveals Why Trump Cannot Be Impeached
- ‘I won’t be partaking’: Scott Morrison jokes as ACT weed legalisation looms
- Donald Trump calls for Ukraine ambassador's firing in leaked recording
- Donald Trump’s defence team puts forward stunning new argument in impeachment trial
- Looks like the Donald Trump show is getting renewed for another season
- Trump Admin ‘Frightened’ US Casualties From Iran Strike Endanger Reelection Chances
- No deal: why Trump’s plan for Palestine will only create more conflict
- Nancy Pelosi is ready for an impeachment battle with Donald Trump, but is it worth the risk?
- The Politics Around the Mueller Probe Distract Us from the Real Russian Threat | Opinion
- John Roberts reprimands BOTH sides in Donald Trump's impeachment trial for calling each other traitors and liars after Senate blows past midnight as Democrats lose caustic battle to get witnesses and evidence
- The Corruption of the Vatican’s Gay Elite Has Been Exposed
- Exclusive: James Comey talks Trump, Russia probe and 2016 election
- Mueller report is finally released after two years of investigation into Donald Trump and Russia
Carville: 'Strap in People' -- January 6 Probe Will Expose Trump Was Behind a 'Massive Criminal Act' have 586 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.