Democrat strategist James Carville said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The Beat" that Americans should "strap in" because the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot at the Capitol will expose former President Donald Trump was behind the "massive criminal act."
Carville said, "It was a massive criminal act. The people who penetrated that Capitol were criminals. The people who helped them penetrate the Capitol were criminals. You're a lawyer. You know this—if I drive the getaway car or I case the place out, I'm as guilty as the trigger man. That's the way the law operates. They are going to find that members of Congress were aiding and abetting this, that Trump was behind it, major people in the administration were behind it. We have to remember this was a massive criminal attack. It wasn't just an assault on the temple of democracy or whatever we say, were criminals in that building. These were people on Fox who were aiding and abetting criminality. That's not a good thing, not in a nation of laws. I hope they stay very, very aggressive and expose these criminals and the people that supported them to the very extent they possibly can. We're going to find out a lot, a whole lot. Strap in, people. Strap in."
Melber said, "Strap in. James Carville said it. Strap in."
Carville said, "Remember, the getaway car driver, the guy that cased the joint is just as guilty as the people that went in the bank. Never forget that. That's the law."
Melber said, "It's called felony murder for a reason. It means even if you didn't do the strangling, if you committed a felony in the act, you can be held accountable. They were trying to murder democracy literally."
Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- Eric Trump calls Letitia James "unethical" as she probes other Trump children
- A Year After Capitol Riot, Trump’s Hold on G.O.P. Is Unrivaled
- Garland says "the actions we have taken thus far" on January 6 rioters "will not be our last"
- Trump faces pressure to explicitly condemn white nationalists after Charlottesville
- Freedom of Speech Doesn’t Mean What Trump’s Lawyers Want It to Mean
- Democrats quietly explore barring Trump from office over Jan. 6
- Jan. 6 Capitol riot timeline: from Trump's first tweet, speech to Biden's certification
- Iran's chilling warning to US: ‘Put Donald Trump on trial - or we'll avenge Soleimani'
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on January 16, 2022
- Democrats see good chance of Garland prosecuting Trump
- Five things to know about the New York AG's pursuit of Trump
- On the eve of the Capitol riot anniversary, January 6 investigation faces a pivotal year ahead
- Trump's lawyer calls Letitia James "sick person" who has "weaponized" role
- Peter Navarro says he'd prove Donald Trump's innocence over Jan. 6 if criminally referred
- US Capitol attack: President Biden slams Trump for 'web of lies'
- Donald Trump's tweets accusing Barack Obama of Russia 'collusion' leave him badly exposed
- Forget Watergate—Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal could offer more parallels to Trump's Russia woes
- Georgia DA asks for special grand jury in election probe
- Garland defends DOJ probe into Capitol attack, vows to hold those accountable 'at any level'
- What does Trump know about Russia? How Bill Clinton's testimony ended in impeachment | Archives
Carville: 'Strap in People' -- January 6 Probe Will Expose Trump Was Behind a 'Massive Criminal Act' have 562 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.