Democrat strategist James Carville said Wednesday on MSNBC's "The Beat" that Americans should "strap in" because the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot at the Capitol will expose former President Donald Trump was behind the "massive criminal act."
Carville said, "It was a massive criminal act. The people who penetrated that Capitol were criminals. The people who helped them penetrate the Capitol were criminals. You're a lawyer. You know this—if I drive the getaway car or I case the place out, I'm as guilty as the trigger man. That's the way the law operates. They are going to find that members of Congress were aiding and abetting this, that Trump was behind it, major people in the administration were behind it. We have to remember this was a massive criminal attack. It wasn't just an assault on the temple of democracy or whatever we say, were criminals in that building. These were people on Fox who were aiding and abetting criminality. That's not a good thing, not in a nation of laws. I hope they stay very, very aggressive and expose these criminals and the people that supported them to the very extent they possibly can. We're going to find out a lot, a whole lot. Strap in, people. Strap in."
Melber said, "Strap in. James Carville said it. Strap in."
Carville said, "Remember, the getaway car driver, the guy that cased the joint is just as guilty as the people that went in the bank. Never forget that. That's the law."
Melber said, "It's called felony murder for a reason. It means even if you didn't do the strangling, if you committed a felony in the act, you can be held accountable. They were trying to murder democracy literally."
Follow Pam Key On Twitter @pamkeyNEN
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Scant Brain Power Behind Massive DDoS Attack
- OPINION With Smut Ban, App Store Exposes a Jiggly Set of Rules
- EXPERT ADVICE Boardroom Bloopers, Blunders and Bungles: What Not to Do
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY No Wrongdoing at NCIS, Says Defense Watchdog
- OPINION AI for President
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY New Safe Harbor Pact Offers Temporary Port in Storm
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS Hollywood, Politics and File-Sharing Technology
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Microsoft Attorney Bonnie MacNaughton on Software Counterfeiting
- What’s the NSA picking out of your phone calls? Just ‘unvolunteered truths’
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY 2017: More Apple Security Flaws, Cyberattacks, Hacktivisim
- A look at futuristic game architecture, from 2002
- WEEKLY RECAP Yahoo's Unkindest Cuts
- OPINION Yahoo and the Year of Living Dangerously
- The incredible journey to build EVE Online's first Death Star
- Multinational Effort Halts Malware Avalanche
- Cities of the Future, Part 3: Cloud Quandaries
- OPINION The Most Powerful Labor Union in the World: Linux?
- OPINION Google's Death Wish
- EXPERT ADVICE E-Commerce Data Security 2010: Learning From 2009's Debacles
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
Carville: 'Strap in People' -- January 6 Probe Will Expose Trump Was Behind a 'Massive Criminal Act' have 492 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.