On Friday's broadcast of HBO's "Real Time," host Bill Maher criticized some of the left-wing reactions to the Virginia gubernatorial election as a contradiction of traditional liberal beliefs and observed that there's lots of "resegregation" and a belief that "you're either a racist or you don't know you're a racist."
While discussing the tribalization and polarization in America, Maher said, "I don't think we're being led in the right direction by either side."
He later added, "After the governor of Virginia — the new governor won, MSNBC headline was, 'Glenn Youngkin's Victory Proves White Ignorance is a Powerful Weapon.' I don't think that helps. I don't think some of this — I'm an old-school liberal. I believe in a colorblind society. That's not where woke is, okay. There's a lot of resegregation go[ing] on. There's a lot of you're either a racist or you don't know you're a racist."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- First polls close as voters decide control of US Congress
- New York ends Bloomberg era, elects liberal de Blasio as mayor
- Romney surges as White House race narrows
- Sony Xperia T review: a new 4.6-inch smartphone flagship that isn't quite new enough
- Egypt charter opens road for Sisi but youths alienated
- Obama 'won't be apologizing' for Bain attacks on Romney
- No rest in final campaign hours for Obama, Romney
- When it comes to gender gap, men play crucial role
- Zimbabwe heads to the polls in tense presidential vote
- Calm sea
- Britain braces for election that could herald EU exit
- A Love Story By The Harbour
- Macron win boosts hopes of turn in populist tide
- The story to be told
- Clinton stays alive with Pennsylvania win
- The woman at a bus stop in Rome
- The Last Battle Of The Soldier
- Kadhafi death new success for Obama war doctrine
- The sunlight at dusk
- EU moves toward sanctions on Russians; Obama meets Ukraine PM
Maher: Bashing White Voters over VA Results Isn't Liberal - 'There's a Lot of Resegregation' have 344 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.