Android 12 stable release rolled out last month to eligible Pixel phones. However, other Android OEMs need to wait a bit longer. There has reportedly been some buzz that phones running on Qualcomm SoCs get Android updates faster than those running on Mediatek . According to a report in GizmoChina, Xiaomi executive Li Ming has now provided an explanation for this.
According to Ling, Google usually gives both Qualcomm and MediaTek the necessary code in advance. This helps the companies get a headstart in prep for upcoming Android updates. “This does save a considerable amount of time as opposed to making the code available after an Android stable release,” says Lim as per the report.
Lim further adds that this is, however, where the differences between the two chip giants come. As per him, since Qualcomm seemingly has a larger team this enables the company to work in parallel and deliver all packages required for an update process at once. “MediaTek, on the other hand, delivers them in batches which is slower and results in some MTK platform phones getting placed in the second or third batch of updates,” said Lim.
He termed upgrades on a batch basis as “also an inevitable choice.” He further goes on to add that while the main reason for going for them is lack of manpower, the batch upgrades also help save trouble to the company in case there are issues. This is because if any bug comes in the code, it can be isolated to a certain batch and fixed without affecting a large number of devices.
- The Best Folding Phones for 2021: What's Available Now | Digital Trends
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 gets its second price hike this month: All the details
- Explained: What is Android Go and will it make JioPhone Next a ‘real’ Android smartphone
- Xiaomi rolls out Android 12-based MIUI 12 beta for the Mi 11
- Redmi 8 Starts Receiving Android 10-Based MIUI 11 Update: Report
- Here's why Xiaomi is getting rid of Mi branding for its upcoming products
- What Will Realme Achieve From The Twitter Battles Against Xiaomi And Poco?
- The Curious Case of Qualcomm's Rumored Nintendo Switch Clone
- Nokia 5.4 gets updated to Android 11, brings chat bubbles feature and more: Report
- Samsung's New Wear OS Galaxy Watch 4 Ushers In a New Era for Android
- Android 12 to Finally Bring Scrolling Screenshots, How It Would Work
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Receiving January 2019 Android Security Patch, Stability Improvements
- Samsung Galaxy A70 Update in India Brings May Security Patch, Improves Camera and In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Performance
- Buy or wait? Here’s a guide to phone upgrades
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Gets Fresh Update With New Features, Latest Security Patch: Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Starts Receiving Software Update with April Android Security Patch: Report
- New Xiaomi phones will come with one big advantage
- Xiaomi's upcoming 11T series phones will get four years of updates
- Best Android phones to buy in August under Rs 20,000
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G Express Review: Good phone, but the large size might be a bit too much
android: This is why MediaTek phones get Android updates slower than Qualcomm as per Xiaomi executive have 509 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.