Microsoft is reportedly working on a fix for yet another printing issue in Windows 11 that asks users for admin credentials before undertaking certain printing jobs.
However, according to Microsoft, the issue manifests itself only in those environments where the print client and print server are in different time zones, which thankfully spares virtually all home users of Windows.
- These are the best all-in-one printers
- Here's our recommendations for the best small business printers
- We've also rounded up the best work-from-home apps
"The affected environments described in this issue are not commonly used by devices designed for home use. The printing environments affected by this issue are more commonly found in enterprises and organizations," reassures Microsoft .
Redmond's printing tale of woes
Microsoft has been grappling with printer-related issues at fairly regular intervals, ever since the discovery, and the subsequent botched fixes of the printer-spooler vulnerabilities collectively known as PrintNightmare .
It now appears that not only is Microsoft running into printing-related woes in every nook and cranny, they are going to follow it into Windows 11 as well. Last week, Microsoft had already confirmed three new printer-related problems caused by compatibility issues between its latest and the previous releases, and this one again adds to the number of unaddressed printing issues in Windows 11.
For what it's worth though, BleepingComputer reports that Microsoft has already fixed the problem for previously Windows 10 and earlier releases via the Patch Tuesdays of September and October.
However, a solution to address the issue isn't yet available for Windows 11 customers.
"We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late October," assures Microsoft.
- This is our roundup of the best tech for hybrid working
- “Access Denied” Folder Errors on Windows 10? 5 Easy Fixes
- The Most Hated Windows Versions & Why They Were So Bad
- How to Extract Pages From a PDF in Windows 10
- 8 Super Windows 8.1 Tweaks For Power Users
- Windows 8.1 review: Start's return cheered by some but problems remain
- The 6 Best Windows Notepad Alternatives
- How to Replace the Windows HomeGroup
- How to Password Protect a Folder in Windows
- 3 Free Screen Recorders to Capture Your Windows Desktop
- 4 Archaic Functions Windows 10 Still Supports
- How to Tweak Windows XP and Stop Worrying About the Apocalypse
- Beijing denounces New York Times' decision to publish leaked Xinjiang documents
- Four Places to Find Your Windows 8 Product Key
- How to Use ReactOS, the Open-Source Windows Clone
- Do This Before Every Windows 10 Update or Installation
- How to Hide & Protect Your Data in Windows
- The 7 Best Free Alternatives to Fences for Windows Desktop Management
- The Firefox Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet for Windows
- This Happens When Windows 10 Support Ends
- Cobian Backup – The Best Backup a Windows Computer Can Get For Free [Windows]
Want to print your Windows 11 documents? You'll have to be an admin have 473 words, post on www.techradar.com at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.