At this year's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), Apple announced a capability to locate lost AirPods . The feature was earlier expected to roll out with iOS 15 update, however, it was delayed and rolled out to AirPods Max, AirPods Pro and AirPods via a firmware update.
The feature allows users to locate their lost AirPods easily using the Find My service just like AirTag .
How does it work
Apple uses the Bluetooth of wireless headphones to send continuous beacon messages to a nearby Apple device to detect the current location of the AirPods lost by a user. In simple words, the feature works in a similar way AirTag works. Apple is using other Apple devices to detect the location of the lost AirPods or AirTag for that matter.
Steps to find lost AirPods
Open Find My app on your iPhone or any other Apple device
Tap on Devices section from the bottom of the app screen
Here tap on AirPods to see the last location
In Devices section, you'll see the list of all devices that are linked with your Apple ID
You will see a map showing the last location of your AirPods. However, as already mentioned, the new Find My feature is only supported on AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. So, in this case, you'll see their last location. However, in case of regular AirPods, it will only tell you the last connected location.
- iOS 15 to link AirPods with your Apple ID as part of Find My Network
- Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 vs Apple AirPods: How the two compare on key specs
- Apple diversifying AirPods supply chain, potentially pushing refresh back
- Best Cheap Apple Watch Deals for August 2021 | Digital Trends
- AirPods Pro and AirPods Max will be linked with your Apple ID in iOS 15 as part of the Find My network
- AirPods Find My Network Support Includes Tethering to Apple ID and New Manual Unpairing Process
- AirPods 3: Apple Unexpectedly Reveals AirPods Are Capable Of Breathtaking New Feature
- Concept images suggest what rumored Apple over-ear headphones could look like
- Review: Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Edition – a legit AirPower alternative? [Video]
- Netflix upgrade makes your favourite shows even better... but only if you own AirPods
- Apple says it's making an Android app to keep AirTags from stalking you
- Apple releases iOS 11 for iPhone and iPad, here’s everything new
- Apple iPhone 12 Launch Event Now Set For October 13 | Digital Trends
- The Best Fitness Apps for Apple Watch | Digital Trends
- Here are the best AirPods cases
- WWDC 2020: Apple Unveils tvOS 14 With Home App Support, New Interoperability Standard Announced
- The Best Thing About Apple's AirTags Is Also the Scariest
- Apple Expands Find My App to Include Support for Third-Party Gadgets
- Apple is running out of excuses to omit Find My support from its latest products
- iMac (M1, 2021) Review: The Future Looks Bright
apple: How to locate your AirPods using Find My feature have 458 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.