Roku is planning to help small businesses advertise locally via a partnership with Shopify.
The streaming media provider said it is launching an app that enables Shopify customers to build, buy and measure TV streaming ad campaigns. With the move, Roku will be the first streaming app available in the Shopify App Store.
Shopify’s App Store has about 7,000 available apps and integrations. Roku’s app is expected to launch before the holiday season.
With the Roku app, the company is taking aim at the cable and TV ad market. Roku with Shopify said it would be able to provide more precise analytics throughout the marketing funnel. Roku had 55.1 million active accounts at the end of the second quarter.
A few key points:
- Shopify users will be able to select an audience, choose the campaign budget, timing and duration.
- The business will upload creative.
- SMBs will be able to launch campaigns within minutes.
- Early merchants using the Roku ad app are Birthdate Co, Jambys, MoonPod and OLIPOP.
Roku’s platform, which is embedded on multiple TVs, has been surging as an advertising vehicle. Roku said second-quarter revenue surged 81% from a year ago to $645 million , with average revenue per user of $36.46, up 46% from a year ago.
The company doesn’t break out advertising revenue but said monetized video ad impressions more than doubled in the second quarter from a year ago. Roku also said in its Aug. 4 shareholder letter that it was increasing SMBs on its OneView ad platform.
- Roku Streaming Stick Review: A $50 Wonder and Your TV's New Best Pal
- How to Winterize Your Body to Stay Fit and Healthy in the Cold Months Ahead
- 'We are back together!' Joe Swash reunites with Stacey Solomon and baby Rex as he jets to the Maldives to join family holiday while taking a break from Dancing On Ice training
- Growth is in patches and investors are paying for pockets of recovery: Ayaz Motiwala, Nivalis Partners
- Friday's Best Deals: Roku, Dyson Air Purifier, Fishing Gear, and More
- How to Stop Your Roku Theme From Changing on Holidays
- No need to change your summer holiday plans, assure travel firms
- Couple missed Dreamworld disaster when they let others go ahead of them
- The Colossus of Prora: from Nazi ruin to holiday resort
- 'I actually don't know what I'm going to do with myself!' Fans' excitement reaches fever pitch ahead of tonight's Love Island live final as four remaining couples go head to head for the £50k prize
- Facebook offers plan to tackle fake news ahead of US midterms
- Digital Trends rolls out GDPR-compliant advertising options
- India fights fake news on social media ahead of election
- Love Island: Bosses will NOT reveal the reason for Sherif Lanre's shock exit 'amid fears it will damage the show's multi-million pound advertising deals'
- OPPO Reno2 Z’s Video Bokeh Mode Will Get You Those Jazzy Diwali Videos You’ve Always Wanted
- Undiscovered south-east Asia: remote towns and secret beaches
- A Brilliant List of Science Books for People Who Want Their Minds Blown
- Take the kids to … High Sports climbing centre, Brighton
- “The Mullet” Speaks: BlackBerry Owners Are More Engaged With Ads
- Enjoy ICC World Cup in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bangla and Marathi
Roku, Shopify partner to offer SMB advertising ahead of holidays have 518 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.