It has been almost a year since Xiaomi made an entry into the laptop market in India. The company that has over the years created a big enough space in the Indian smartphone market to become its leader last year took its first step in another category.
Now, the company expanded the lineup with the launch of two new models Mi NoteBook Ultra and Mi NoteBook Pro. Of the two, the Mi NoteBook Ultra (at Rs 59,999 onwards) is a more expensive unit and the Mi NoteBook Pro is slightly less expensive (at Rs 56,999 onwards).
We got to spend some time with the Mi NoteBook Ultra. Our review unit of the device had an Intel Core i7-11370H processor with 512GB SSD and 16GB RAM and costs Rs 76,999. Wondering if this laptop has all that you should consider it to be your next buy? Read on to find out:
The Mi NoteBook Ultra offers an aluminium body with an anodised finish. It is available only in Gray colour option — making it still look like it is inspired by Apple's MacBook lineup.
Xiaomi has ditched its completely plain lid, which was the most interesting thing about the design from last year. Last year's Mi NoteBook model didn't come with any branding on the outer side that was quite unusual. The latest model, however, houses a shiny black Xiaomi logo in the centre of the lid.
The company has also fixed what was considered a major drawback of the previous generation device, which was the omission of a webcam. The Mi Note Ultra has a webcam placed in the top bezel.
The compact form factor continues to be a plus point of the Mi Notebook Ultra laptop. It is 17.9 mm thin and weighs 1.7 kg so it is easy to carry.
The keyboard has full-sized keys that are crisp and ergonomically comfortable and work just fine. Xiaomi has also added backlight support so that issue also the company has fixed.
All in all, all the shortcomings of the previous model have been fixed with the Mi NoteBook Ultra.
With narrow bezels, the Mi Notebook Ultra laptop offers an 89% screen-to-body ratio with a 15.6-inch IPS Anti-glare screen with a 16:10 aspect ratio.
Xiaomi says that the laptop comes with an anti-reflection coating and in our experience, we did find it to some extent.
With a 3.2K screen resolution (3200×2000) and 90Hz refresh rate, we can say that you won't find any problem with this device in this department. The picture quality is quite sharp and the colours are quite realistic.
During all the time we used this device, we were quite pleased to see that there were no lags or frame freezing even after prolonged usage. Right from all-day work to 8-9 hours of binge-watching on the device, everything was quite smooth. We did encounter rare heating up of the device but nothing glaring.
Audio output, though is much better than the predecessor, it is still a little less impressive than what we would have liked.
The laptop runs on Windows 10 Home but is assured to get Windows 11 update when available, so the device is future-proof also.
Connectivity ports on the Mi NoteBook Ultra include Type C ports, HDMI video output, 3.5mm audio jack, etc — all of which takes care of your needs.
Battery life on the Mi Notebook Ultra laptop is one of the key highlights. It lasted us a little over a complete workday of approximately 8 hours, which we really liked. It is backed by a 70WHr battery and comes with a 65W power adapter, making it charge also quickly.
We can say that the Xiaomi Mi NoteBook Ultra is certainly a step forward and not a step backwards in any way. The company has fixed the problem areas such as web camera, backlit keyboard. Additionally, the display experience is quite sweet and the battery complements the usage.
- Xiaomi Unveils New Models in Its Mi TV 4C, Mi TV 4X, & Mi TV 4S Series
- TCL 55 Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart TV Review
- Mophie Powerstation Wireless Battery Charger Review
- Xiaomi Mi Gaming Headset Review: Aligent Design, 7.1 Surrounding Sound And Price Worthy Gaming Headset
- Elephone ELE Band 5 Review: Is It Better Then Xiaomi Mi Band 2? Let’s Check Out
- Here are the 5 best deals on Amazon right now
- AUTO REVIEW: 2018 Audi SQ5 is a street legal rocket
- Japan's Biggest Indie Game Show, Review By My Kid
- Shocking: Vivo’s NEX could take inspiration from Xiaomi’s Mi MIX series
- When we fled Saigon, my mother brought a recipe notebook. It inspires my career every day.
- OnePlus 6 reviews hit the web: Is it worth your hard-earned money?
- Soulfit Sonic V08 review: Fitness trackers begin to evolve
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection review — a worthy celebration
- Poet's Notebook: Red
- Vital to build in the right area
- The 5 best Amazon deals you can get this weekend
- Here are Amazon's 5 best deals right now
- MIUI 10 UI leaked: Android P-style notification shade, bars and more
- South Africa: Man Who Called Colleague 'Swart Man' Living in Apartheid Past, Concourt Rules
- Royals bail out ballboy by rallying for 4-2 win over Tigers
mi notebook ultra: Xiaomi Mi NoteBook Ultra review: Gets it right have 861 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at October 6, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.