Click Here For Gallery
Apple is all set to launch the iPadOS 15 , iOS 15 , watchOS 8 and tvOS 15 on September 20. While the company has already revealed all the key features of the upcoming operating systems, a report by MacRumors suggests that with iPadOS15 developers will be able to allocate more RAM to their apps. Currently, Apple limits the amount of memory that any third-party app can use. This cap is to ensure that any single app doesn't use all of the iPad ‘s memory.
With the iPadOS 15, developers will be able to let the operating system know that their apps may perform better if they have access to more RAM. Apple has shared an entitlement which will only be available on supported devices.
As of now, a 5GB RAM limit is imposed on third-party apps installed on iPad Pros. With the entitlement, creative professionals will be able to use demanding and graphically intensive apps smoothly by sharing more RAM on their iPads.
According to the developers of the graphic designing app Artstudio, the M1 iPad Pro with 16GB RAM can now allocate up to 12GB of RAM to a certain app by using the entitlement shared by Apple. The M1 iPad Pro models with only 8GB of RAM will be able to request up to 6GB of RAM for a particular app.
It is still unclear if this entitlement shared by Apple will be supported by models beyond iPad Pros. This week Apple has released a ninth-generation iPad along with a new iPad mini with 3GB and 4GB of RAM respectively. It is unlikely that the tech giant will remove the RAM allocation cap on these entry-level iPad models.
The upcoming iPadOS 15 will also bring some new and improved features to iPads such as Live Text, Quick Note, Universal Control, SharePlay and others.
- Supreme Court could allow suit over Apple iPhone apps' sales
- California man’s creation allows users to file airplane noise complaints with a push of a button
- Windows 10 Build 18312 Brings Reserve Storage, Increased FLS Limits And More
- Dominant Bears defense makes big statement with 15-6 win over Rams
- On the Road Review: Ram 1500 Limited
- Top Agency Experts Share How To Create A Mobile App, Best Practices & Expected Cost
- Documents show Facebook used user data as competitive weaponYou may also be interested in...
- Facebook: Bug Affecting Up To 6.8 Million Users Exposed Photos They Hadn't Shared
- Trying Limiting Your Child’s Screen Time? It’s Harder Than It Looks
- How to Stop Apps From Tracking Your Location
- World's Largest Gay Dating App Halts Registration After Underage HIV Scare
- BETR Releases New App Design With Fresh Interface And Simple Navigation
- Akron, Summit County and UA launch app designed to improve safety, combat blight
- Sony Pictures Takes Augmented Reality Users “Into the Spider-Verse” With Mobile Web AR Experience
- How to disable FaceTime in iPhone, iPad or Mac
- Facebook allegedly offered advertisers special access to users’ data according to British lawmakers
- InvisibleShield Announces Patented Glass+ VisionGuard for Apple’s Latest iPad Tablets
- Apple explains why some LTE iPad Pros might come bent
- Amy Iverson: Thanksgiving? There's an app for that
- Google Play Apps Warning: Children Targeted by Harmful Software, FTC Complaint Claims
ipad: iPadOS 15 to allow users to increase RAM limit for apps have 538 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.