Amidst all the major announcements at its biggest event, the one that caught the eye was related to the Apple Watch . While the new Apple Watch Series 7 was the headline-grabbing act, it was the Watch Series 3 that made you sit up and take note. Why so? Because it's a four-year-old smartwatch and Apple will continue to sell it. It's an anomaly because Apple rarely keeps such an old product in its lineup.
Interestingly, Apple hasn't reduced the price of Watch Series 3. It is still selling for Rs 20,990 in India. Generally, Apple reduces the price of older models of its products when the newer ones come. Even last year when a lot of people were expecting the Watch Series 3 to be discontinued, Apple didn't do so.
Why the Apple Watch Series 3 matters?
Simply because it's the most affordable Apple Watch you can buy. It gives Apple a chance to get people into its ecosystem — more so to get them to buy an Apple Watch. Apple knows that once people get into its Watch ecosystem, it's incredibly hard to leave. Watch Series 3 is that product that is the ideal entry point for most buyers.
The next Apple Watch which is available is the Watch SE — a toned-down variant of Watch Series 6. The Watch Series 6, by the way, has been officially discontinued.
The Watch Series 7 meanwhile will be available in five aluminium case colours, including midnight, starlight, green, and a new blue and (PRODUCT)RED.
|Features||Waterproof, Call Function|
|Design||Rectangular, Curved Dial Design|
|Display||1.5 Inch (3.81 cm) OLED Display|
|Battery||Upto 1 Day battery life|
|Features||Call Function, Fitness Tracking|
|Design||Rectangular Dial Design|
|Display||1.5 Inch (3.81 cm) Display|
- Watch out: OneCoin promoters Moyn and Monir Islam are promoting a new get-rich-scheme called Melius
- Apple’s Q1 2015: Ridiculously high iPhone sales, 18% drop in iPad sales [Updated]
- New Samsung TV 2020: every QLED and LED Samsung TV coming this year
- Is Quibi Crazy Enough to Actually Work?
- Will the coronavirus pandemic impact the content delivery cycle for streaming giants? Experts weight in
- An x86 PlayStation 4 could signal a sea-change in the console industry
- Profiles of those who died in huge warehouse fire in Oakland
- Coronavirus In California: What To Know Thursday, April 9
- 'Nobody ever did want me'
- Coronavirus latest: German president urges solidarity
- FMIA: 2020 Draft Rounds Into Focus; NFL People Show Lives In Quarantine
- Hollywood Is All But Writing Off 2020. What Does That Mean for the Future of Movies?
- New clothes pile up at Cambodian factories. Coronavirus forces U.S. brands to cancel orders
- Microsoft’s CTO wants to spread tech’s wealth beyond the coasts
- As Australian arts moves online, here is where to check out comedy, theatre, music, drag, visual art and more
- The Hell of the Hamptons: Why the Exclusive Hotspot Is a Mind-Numbing Drag
- Tucker: Despite unanswered questions about coronavirus, authorities enacted dramatic measures
- Samsung Galaxy S III review
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as it warns against disrupting its role in Britain's 5G rollout
apple: Apple will continue to sell this four-year-old Apple Watch have 528 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.