Instagram is a social media platform that most of the people who are reading this article must have tried. Instagram may not be liked by everyone but a lot of people are still hooked on double tapping and swiping on the app. It’s an addiction and it grows over time. People are not only attracted to what other users have posted, but are keen to get attention to their content as well. While users are slowly becoming aware about different ways to get traction on their social media profiles, we have compiled a list of ways that can help users to optimise their Instagram account to get more content engagement.
Add hashtags to your posts
Hashtags can help you get the attention of users with similar interests and with the right hashtag your content has more chances to be visible or to get featured on the Trending page. It is always recommended to add multiple hashtags related to your post to reach a huge audience.
Write relevant information in your bio
Don't leave your Instagram bio blank. You should have pertinent information about your account in your bio as that is the first thing visible to any user that lands on your profile. Your bio should be clear and should be unique enough to get the attention of any potential follower.
Keep a track of likes, views and comments
Once you change your personal Instagram profile into a creator account, you get a variety of tools and a professional dashboard to track engagements with your account. These tools help you understand what kind of content your followers prefer and which posts get the most engagement. You need to study your account in order to optimise it.
How long you post's caption should be
Captions are another key area that you should keep in mind before you post anything. Caption length works differently depending on the number of followers your account has. As per a study, big accounts with more than a million followers get more engagement with posts without any caption and small accounts with up to 10,000 followers saw better engagement when 50 characters caption was added in the posts. Emojis in your caption also impact the likes or views your content gets. It is advised that you should add emojis in your caption before you post anything.
Use alt text feature before posting anything
This is a feature that not many people are aware about. Instagram lets users add alternative texts that describe their content before they share it online. This feature can be accessed by going into the advanced settings option just before posting something. Alternative text helps Instagram's algorithm understand what your content is about and for which users the post is relevant for.
- Devon Windsor wows in series of sizzling bikini throwback pics as she shares her most-liked Instagram posts from 2020
- What will Bay Area dining look like in 2021?
- 'Nobody has ever made me feel like this!' Katie Price gushes over 'loving' and 'affectionate' beau Carl Woods as she hints at marriage and children during their Maldives trip
- Hilaria Baldwin returned to Instagram just HOURS after promising to take a social media break amid Spanish heritage uproar
- The Instagram Detective Calling Out Hilaria Baldwin and Other Sketchy Celebs
- The Instagram Detective Calling Out Hilaria Baldwin and Other Celebs
- Lizzo proudly displays her voluptuous curves in all their glory as she poses completely NAKED while taking part in Instagram's viral photo challenge
- Farah Khan’s Twitter account restored, filmmaker asks her followers to be vigilant
- Melissa Benoist's ex-husband Blake Jenner returns to Instagram over two months after admitting 'full responsibility' for domestic abuse
- 6 Instagram features that you probably didn’t know about
- Open thread: what's the funniest thing you've seen (on the internet) this year?
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Each time I was blacked out, he was doing something to me': 25-year-old joins growing chorus of men accusing Alexander Wang of sexual assault - this time in a club and Uber
- Paulina Porizkova says her marriage to late husband Ric Ocasek made her feel like an 'invisible, dried-up old husk' - as she recalls the first time she became aware of racism in the fashion industry
- Jesy Nelson removes mention of Little Mix from her Instagram profile less than 24 hours after announcing she's quit the band... replacing it with new email address
- When an Instagram Meme Gets You a Record Deal
- 'I don't do movies from a political angle'
- Secret Instagram tips on how often you need to post for MAXIMUM likes revealed by influencers
- Brit Instagram star who fell 200ft to her death in Australia had cocktail of booze and drugs in her system
- Sofia Richie keeps things casual in a pink tracksuit as she prepares to jet out of St. Barts after Christmas break with father Lionel and brother Miles
- Ali Fazal: Many told me to focus on films and not take up work on the web but I refused to do so
5 things you may not be doing to get more followers, likes on Instagram have 820 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at September 26, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.