One of the most eagerly anticipated medal clashes of the entire Tokyo 2020 Olympics takes place today, when the Ariake Coliseum hosts the men’s tennis singles final. The match sees Germany’s Alexander Zverev take on Karen Khachanov of ROC as both players eye a career defining win. Read on as we explain how to get a Zverev vs Khachanov live stream and watch the 2020 Olympics men’s tennis final online from anywhere – including where you can watch absolutely free of charge.
Date: Sunday, August 1
Time: From 3pm JST / 7am BST / 4pm AEST / 2am ET / 11pm PT (Sat)
Venue: Ariake Coliseum, Kōtō City, Tokyo, Japan
Watch anywhere: try the world’s best VPN 100% risk-free
Zverev enters as the clear favorite, after the no.4 seed defeated seemingly unstoppable world and Olympic no.1 Novak Djokovic, 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 in the semi-final on Friday. For the 24-year-old German, gold in Tokyo would cement a mercurial rise to tennis superstar status and represent the biggest win of an exceptionally promising young career – ‘Sascha’ previously winning the 2018 ATP World Tour Final and finishing as runner-up at the 2020 US Open.
25-year old Karen Khachanov arguably has even more to gain, though, and should put up a tough fight despite being a clear underdog. The ROC representative and no.12 seed has had an easier route to this best-of-three set final by far, knocking off the likes of Pablo Carreño Busta and Ugo Humbert rather than a 20-time major champion such as Djokovic. Moreover, his best performance in Grand Slam events is the quarterfinals – and just the third round in those played on a hard court surface like the one featuring in Tokyo this Sunday.
It’s make-or-break time for both youngsters, therefore, and either could rise to the occasion – . Follow our guide below for all you need to know to watch Alexander Zverev vs Karen Khachanov online and live stream Olympics tennis from anywhere in the world right now.
- From racket to paddle: see how to get an Olympics table tennis live stream
Who has a free Olympics tennis live stream?
One of the best things about the Olympics is that loads of the action, including the tennis, is being shown for free around the world. Those living in Australia have the benefit of the Channel 7’s free-to-air coverage for example, which can be live streamed on 7Plus – the service is carrying absolutely stacks of live coverage.
In the UK, plenty of Olympics action is being shown for free on the BBC and BBC iPlayer , though the broadcaster’s coverage varies. It isn’t 100% clear if it will be showing an Alexander Zverev vs Karen Khachanov live stream – but it seems likely for an medal match of this prestige.
How to watch the Olympics tennis final from outside your country
You should be able to find an Olympics tennis live stream (whether paid or free) in whatever country you happen to be in. But you may find that: a) your usual domestic coverage is geo-blocked when overseas; or b) that your place of work or college has blocked the ability to watch online where you are.
There’s a really easy way to solve those issues, thankfully. By downloading and installing a VPN , you can effectively trick your computer, phone or tablet into thinking that it’s somewhere completely different. That way you can enjoy your usual coverage without having to find an illegal stream.
Use a VPN to watch Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games from anywhere
ExpressVPN – get the world’s best VPN We’ve put all the major VPNs through their paces and we rate ExpressVPN as our top pick, thanks to its speed, ease-of-use and strong security features. It’s also compatible with just about any streaming device out there, including Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Xbox and PlayStation, as well as Android and Apple mobiles and, best of all, it has a fantastic track record of unlocking the hardiest of streaming services around the world.
Sign up for an annual plan now and get an extra 3 months absolutely FREE . And if you change your mind within the first 30 days, let them know and they’ll give you your money back without a quibble.
Using a VPN is as easy as one-two-three…
1. Download and install a VPN – as we say, our top choice is ExpressVPN
2. Connect to the appropriate server location – open the VPN app, hit ‘choose location’ and select the appropriate location
3. Go to the broadcaster’s live stream – so if you’re from the UK, just head to iPlayer or Discovery+/Eurosport
How to watch Alexander Zverev vs Karen Khachanov: live stream Olympics tennis final FREE in the UK
Fans in the UK might want to set an alarm, as the Olympics tennis is set to begin at 7am BST on Sunday morning. That said, it looks like this final may be a bit later on court.
It’s extremely likely that the BBC will carry the Zverev vs Khachanov match. If not on BBC One on TV, then at least on the BBC iPlayer service that you can get on your laptop, mobile, tablet, smart TV, games console, or TV streaming device.
That said, the Beeb’s coverage has been reduced for 2021. In the unlikely event that it isn’t showing this match, you’ll need to have Discovery+ or Eurosport instead, as they have the most comprehensive UK coverage going.
Each one costs £6.99 per month or a bargain £29.99 for a whole year. And there’s also a three-day free trial you can take advantage of.
If you're out of the UK for the 2020 Olympic Games, make sure you install a VPN so you can continue accessing UK streaming services from anywhere – whether that’s on the BBC, Discovery+ or Eurosport.
- Related: how to watch British Lions tour of South Africa
How to watch Alexander Zverev vs Karen Khachanov: live stream Olympics tennis final in the US
You’ve got a really late night (or an extremely early morning) in store if you plan to watch the Olympics tennis final, with today’s action set to start at 2am ET / 11pm PT on Friday night/Saturday morning.
NBC’s Olympic Channel is showing Zverev vs Khachanov, along plenty more Olympics action. That means cable subscribers with NBC can also watch it via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app.
If you sleep through the big match, fear not, because NBCSN is showing a replay at 6pm ET / 3pm PT.
Live stream Olympics tennis final without cable
And if you don’t have the channel on cable, fear not – great value over-the-top streaming service Sling TV could be the answer. The NBCSN and the Olympic Channel come as part of its $35 a month Sling Blue package, along with NBC and USA Network. But it usually has a good deal on, like your first month for only $10 at the time of writing.
Alternatively, you may want to look at something like FuboTV. It carries all six channels that are showing the Olympics – NBC, USA, NBCSN, CNBC, Olympic Channel and Golf Channel – plus loads more, and is available to try with a free 7-day trial , but the normal monthly cost is much pricier, starting at $64.99.
And if you’re abroad right now, don’t forget that you can still tune in like you at home with the help of a good VPN .
How to watch Zverev vs Khachanov FREE: live stream Olympics tennis final in Canada
Tennis fans based in Canada can watch Zverev vs Khachanov through CBC Sports, but brace yourself for a sleepy night. The match will start at 2am ET / 11pm PT on Friday night/Saturday morning.
The better news is that the Olympics tennis final is being shown through CBC’s standalone streaming service, CBC Gem , which offers a 1-month FREE trial. After that, a subscription costs CA$4.99 per month.
In fact, if you’re really lucky, this one may even end up being shown completely free on the CBC website and across its apps for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, select Smart TVs and Amazon Fire TV Stick. So double-check there before you sign up to anything.
Want to watch your coverage from abroad? Then don’t forget that using a VPN is a great way to tune in from anywhere.
How to watch Zverev vs Khachanov: live stream Olympics tennis final FREE in Australia
Aussie tennis fans can watch the Zverev vs Khachanov match for FREE Down Under, thanks to the 7plus streaming service.
The Olympics tennis action is set to get underway at 4pm AEST on Saturday afternoon. The schedule is being announced late, but this match follow a few others first.
Not only does the 7plus service have a massive range of Tokyo Olympics coverage, you can also watch it on a whole host of devices like PCs, Macs, iOS, Android, Fetch TV, Apple TV, PS4, Chromecast and more.
Not in Australia? Use a VPN if you’re away from home, in order to tap into your domestic Olympics coverage.
- Bangladesh vs Afghanistan live streaming: Watch Cricket World Cup 2019 match on TV and online
- England vs South Africa free live stream: Watch Rugby World Cup Final for free
- Wisconsin vs. Iowa: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, kickoff time, streaming, odds, spread, prediction
- Georgia vs. Missouri: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, kickoff time, streaming, odds, spread, prediction
- Williams vs Sharapova live stream FREE: How to watch US Open first round match without paying a penny
- Williams vs Qiang live stream FREE: How to watch quarter-final from US Open for nothing
- Liverpool vs. Manchester City: Premier League prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- Texas vs. Kansas State: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, kickoff time, prediction, pick, odds, line
- Oklahoma vs. Iowa State: Live stream, watch online, TV channel, kickoff time, streaming, odds, prediction
- Southampton vs. Everton live stream info, TV channel: How to watch Premier League on TV, stream online
- Seattle Sounders vs. Toronto FC: MLS Cup prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- Juventus vs. AC Milan: Serie A prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- Bayern Munich vs. Borussia Dortmund: Bundesliga prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- Barcelona vs. Celta Vigo: La Liga pick, prediction, TV channel, live stream, watch online
- Konta vs Kvitova LIVE: British ace wins to set up Wimbledon quarter-final against Barbora Strycova
- NMP vs AA, Match 11, T20 Mumbai, LIVE streaming: Teams, time in IST and where to watch on TV and online in India
- England vs Australia, ENG vs AUS 5th Test, Day 4 Ashes 2019 LIVE streaming
- Does Alexander Zverev have a girlfriend and who has the ATP Finals star been linked with?
- England U21 vs Romania U21 live stream: How to watch Euro U21 Championship online and on TV
- NBA All-Star Game live stream FREE: How to watch Team Giannis vs Team LeBron clash without paying a penny
Zverev vs Khachanov live stream: how to watch Olympics tennis men's final free online anywhere have 1835 words, post on www.techradar.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.