Apple has added three new payment methods for App Store and iTunes-related purchases in India. Apple users can now make payments using Unified Payments Interface ( UPI ), RuPay cards, and Net Banking . Several iPhone users were notified by the Cupertino-based company about the update. "New ways to pay for the content you love. You can now use UPI, RuPay cards, and net banking to pay on the App Store," the notification reads.
Until now, Apple users could use debit and credit cards only to make payments on App Store, iTunes and for iCloud subscriptions. With the new additions, users in India will be able to make payments for games, music, movies and more on Apple devices using their UPI ID, RuPay cards and net banking.
How to add UPI, RuPay cards and net banking on iPhone and iPad
Apple has also created a separate page detailing how users can add the new payment methods. In order to add these methods, one must ensure that their Apple device is running the latest version of iOS and iPadOS. Here are the steps:
Go to Settings on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID
Now, tap on the Payment and Shipping option. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID password here
Once you sign in to your Apple account, you will see your existing payment method. Tap on Add Payment Method
Here, you will see UPI, RuPay card and net banking below the credit/debit card option. You can add either of the payment methods as per your choice by filling in the details as asked.
In case, you want to remove a payment method, then tap on the Edit option available at the top-right corner of the screen.
How to add UPI, RuPay cards and net banking on Mac
Before proceeding, make sure your Mac is running the latest version of macOS.
Open the App Store and click on the sign-in button
Sign in using your Apple ID and password and click on View Information
Then, click on Manage Payments
Click on Add a Payment Method, and then Add Payment
Follow the steps to add UPI, RuPay, or net banking details
- Apple’s App Store policies are bad, but its interpretation and enforcement are worse
- Apple's developer dispute draws lawmaker scrutiny of App Store
- U.K.: Google and Apple’s billion-dollar search engine deal stifles competition
- Today’s cache | Google’s report on state-back phishing campaigns, and more
- Best iPhone VPNs of 2020
- Coronavirus and a cashless society: We can't leave the most vulnerable behind
- Five features to hope for at WWDC
- Huawei MatePad Pro Review: In the iPad’s shadow
- 2021 Ford F-150 Redesign Revealed With Hybrid Version, Clever Features
- The best Android apps (July 2020)
- How to Switch From Android to iPhone
- The best iPhone apps (July 2020)
- How does Hulu work? Pricing, plans, channels, and how to get it
- Security isn't privacy, and you can have one without the other
- 10 new iPhone tricks you’ll use all the time
- Automakers are turning your dashboard into a 24-hour digital mall
apple: Apple adds 3 more payment options: How you can access them have 503 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.