As a result of Verizon and Google’s collaboration, Messages will work with the US telecom’s network and RCS messaging service. However, the two companies will also work together to provide a robust business-to-consumer messaging ecosystem using RCS.
- We’ve built a list of the best Android phones available
- These are the best encrypted messaging apps for Android
- Also check out our round up of the best business SIM deals
EVP and CEO of the Verizon Consumer Group, Ronan Dunne provided further insight in a press release on why the company decided to work with Google to bring RCS to its users, saying:
"Our customers depend on us to provide a reliable, advanced and simple messaging platform to stay in touch with the people that matter the most in their lives. By working with Google, Verizon will offer our Android users a robust messaging experience that allows them to engage with loved ones, brands and businesses in new and innovative ways."
Messages by Google
Beginning next year, Messages by Google will be preloaded on all Verizon Android devices so that consumers can take advantage of rich messaging features available with RCS.
These include being able to send and receive higher-quality photos and videos, chatting over Wi-Fi or data, knowing when a message has been read, enjoying more dynamic and engaging group chats and securely chatting with other Messages users in one-on-one conversations with end-to-end encryption ( E2EE ).
Businesses will also be able to leverage RCS to better reach their customers who will be able to easily connect with them to purchase products, make reservations, ask questions and more.
The RCS standard has been gaining momentum worldwide and there are currently over 444m active monthly users in 60 countries using it according to GSMA.
We’ll likely hear more from both Verizon and Google once the telecom’s rollout of RCS is complete next year.
- We’ve also featured the best business smartphones
- New Android Auto update brings enhanced media and messaging services
- Google may shut down its popular messaging app
- How to setup your new phone for iOS and Android
- Google confirms Allo dies in March 2019, wants people to get Messages
- Google advances help Pixel 3 narrow iPhone-Android gap
- Google finally rolls out spam protection feature for text messages
- 'Bury me, my Love' creates an intimate and tangible experience out of recent history
- Trump Joins ‘Presidents Club’ at Bush Funeral. Awkward Moments Follow
- Facebook wants to integrate Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram
- Should you buy someone a phone for the holidays?
- Analysts warn of debt threat
- Samsung phone users perturbed to find they can't delete Facebook
- Business debt, and worries about it, are up
- Business debt and worries about it are growing
- How Can I Stop Apple and Google Tracking My Movements? How to Change Phone Settings
- How Uber uses psychological tricks to push its drivers’ buttons
- Make your friends and family less irksome this holiday season
- AT&T's '5G Evolution': Don't be fooled by the label
- Jeff Bezos texts Lauren Sanchez: how to keep communication private
- Google CEO grilled by Congress on search engine bias, data collection
Verizon switches to Android Messages as default for RCS have 558 words, post on www.techradar.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.