On Wednesday's broadcast of MSNBC's "The ReidOut," Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) said that "misinformation that is allowing the virus to persist" is "a national security concern" and touted legislation, the BIO Defense Act, that would "put the vice president in charge of that. It would have also a Cabinet-level officer in the National Security Council dealing with this."
Swalwell said, "I introduced the BIO Defense Act that would attack, not only the virus, but the misinformation that is allowing the virus to persist. That also is a national security concern. It would put the vice president in charge of that. It would have also a Cabinet-level officer in the National Security Council dealing with this. But I just want to say to your viewers, Jonathan, and to every American, this virus is serious. Get vaccinated. Life is precious. And Tucker Carlson is not worth dying for. He doesn't care about you, but your family does. Please, please get vaccinated."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- Former national security official won’t testify in impeachment probe without court order
- #StayWoke: Trump Names ‘Alt-Right’ Racist Steve Bannon to National Security Council While the World Protests His Muslim Ban
- 'This Car Is Not a National Security Threat'
- Top National Security Officials Brief Bewildered Nation on Efforts to Combat Election Interference
- Google Shares How Often The FBI Sends National Security Letters For User Information
- Economic Inequality Is a Matter of National Security
- New Bill Would Allow FBI Director to Revoke White House Staff Security Clearances
- Huawei: Our monitoring is working says UK cyber security chief
- Santa Fe High School Families Call for More Armed Security in Talks With Governor
- There's 'bigger fish to fry' than anti-encryption laws: Telstra security chief
- Read the full text of President Obama's electric speech to the Democratic National Convention
- PM flags My Health Record 'reassurances' as RACGP expresses concern
- Human Rights Watch concerned Donald Trump could commit massive rights violations
- The fate of private immigration prisons will be decided by Homeland Security homies
- Feel Free to Carry Your Suitcase Full of Teeth Through Airport Security: TSA
- Facebook employees slam Mark Zuckerberg in letter for allowing politicians to ‘weaponize’ the platform with false paid-for ads and warn the false information could influence the 2020 election
- Government's 'fake news unit' secures funding to continue battle against disinformation online
- 911 Call Allowed in Zimmerman Trial
- Security Isn't A Problem & The Future's Mobile
- Ben Swann's long-awaited report on the "CDC whistleblower" goes over like a lead balloon of antivaccine misinformation
Swalwell: Misinformation Allowing COVID 'to Persist' 'Is a National Security Concern' have 415 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.