PayPal delivered strong second quarter financial results, reporting a net revenue of $6.24 billion. The company also reported another quarter of solid user growth, adding 11.4 million net new active accounts during Q2 to bring its total active accounts to 403 million.
Looking at the numbers, PayPal reported a net income of $1.65 billion, or $1 per share. Non-GAAP earnings were $1.15 per share. Wall Street was looking for earnings of $1.12 per share on revenue of $6.27 billion.
PayPal says it processed $311 billion in total payment volume during the quarter, a TPV growth of 40% year over year.
Breaking the numbers down further, PayPal says it processed 4.7 billion payment transactions, up 27%, and had 43.5 payment transactions per active account.
Meanwhile, PayPal said its social payments platform Venmo processed approximately $58 billion in TPV, growing 58%.
“On the heels of a record year, we continued to drive strong results in the second quarter, reflecting some of the best performance in our history,” PayPal CEO Dan Schulman said.
“Our platform now supports 403 million active accounts, with an annualized TPV run rate of approximately $1.25 trillion. Clearly PayPal has evolved into an essential service in the emerging digital economy.”
Some PayPal highlights from the first quarter:
In terms of outlook, analysts are expecting third quarter revenue range of $6.15 billion to $6.25 billion. PayPal said it expects GAAP earnings per diluted share to be $0.68 and for non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to be approximately $1.07. Shares of PayPal were down 8.01% after hours.
For the year, PayPal expects TPV growth of ~30% on a spot and FXN basis, and net new active accounts between 52 million and 55million, up from previous expectations of 50 million. For fiscal revenue, PayPal expects to bring in $25.75 billion in 2021, with non-GAAP EPS of $4.70, above analyst consensus.
- Banking startup Soldo gets $11 million from Accel as it pivots to business accounts
- Netflix adds 7 million subscribers in global expansion
- Iflix secures $90+ million in new funds to accelerate global expansion
- Strong sales lift RFM 2015 net income to P908.4M
- GERI notches record P670-million net profit
- Netflix adds 5 million subscribers, doubles profit
- Uber is paying its NYC drivers ‘tens of millions’ because of an accounting error that underpaid them for years
- GrubHub’s stock is going crazy because it added so many new ‘active diners’
- 11 books every new grad should read
- The CEO of PayPal started his career making $14,000 a year — here’s how he rose through the ranks and took 3 companies public
- Allianz optimistic after ‘strong’ year
- P334 million from 13 donors funded Duterte's presidency
- Singapore Airlines’ net profit nearly triples in Q2
- PayPal CEO Dan Schulman on the ‘Venmo line’ and the fact that cash will never die
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Paypal is safe from Amazon — for now
- Fortinet sales up 30% in Q2
- Vista Land 9-mth net income rises to P6.4B
- Twitter didn’t add any new users last quarter, and the stock is diving
- How to download iOS 11, Apple’s big new iPhone update
- 2014 current account surplus also a record
PayPal delivers strong Q2, adds 11.4 million net new active accounts have 502 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.