Google received 71,148 complaints from individual users in India in May and June combined, which resulted in the removal of more than 1.54 lakh pieces of content, as per the company's latest monthly transparency reports.
The number of complaints received in June from individual users in India was 36,265, leading to 83,613 removal actions — both the numbers were higher than the levels seen in May.
In addition to reports from users, Google also removed more than 11.6 lakh pieces of content in May and June as a result of automated detection, the reports released on Friday showed. The US-based company has made these disclosures as part of compliance with India's IT rules that came into force on May 26. In its maiden report, Google had said it had received over 27,700 complaints in April this year from individual users in India over alleged violation of local laws or personal rights, which resulted in the removal of 59,350 pieces of content.
On Friday, Google said it had received 34,883 complaints in May from individual users located in India via designated mechanisms, and the number of removal actions as a result of user complaints was 71,132. These complaints relate to third-party content that is believed to violate local laws or personal rights on Google's SSMI (significant social media intermediary) platforms, it added. The content removal was done under several categories, including copyright (70,365), trademark (753), counterfeit (5), other legal (4), circumvention (3) and graphic sexual content (2)
- Heritage Walks in India
- Why Search Engines Love Blogs - And So Should You!
- How Social Networking Can Help You Get a Job
- Airtel launches converged digital entertainment platform ahead of Jio's home broadband launch
- Write, Then Write Again, and Finally Write More
- VIN Number Decoding For Classic Muscle Cars
- Business Marketing on Mobile - The Latest on Mobile Marketing and Advertising
- Who Are The Heirs Of Seshendra Sharma?
- Delicious Chicken Biriyani
- Avoid Four Traps to Ensure Success in Your Life
- Give Microsoft Its Due For Addressing Tech Skills Shortage
- A History of Link Building With Article Directories
- Marketing Tips Guaranteed to Increase Your Level of Business
- What Does the Pineapple Symbolize?
- My Web Design Cheat Sheet - 9 Tips to Make Designing Websites Faster, Easier, and More Fun
- Motion Picture and the Nigerian Image
- Blogs - Bite ME!
- 3D Animation Movie Maker - The Evolution of Making Animations at Home
Google took down 1.5L content pieces in May-June in India; over 71k plaints have 397 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at July 31, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.