New Delhi: Public Wi-fi connectivity has been made available at all the 15 railways stations of the Kashmir Valley.
The 15 stations in the Kashmir Valley are Baramula, Hamre, Pattan, Mazhom, Budgam, Srinagar , Pampore, Kakapora, Avantipura, Panzgam, Bijbehara, Anantnag, Sadura, Qazigund and Banihal, which spread out in the four districts of Srinagar, Budgaon, Banihal and Qazigund.
These stations have now been have been integrated with the wi-fi network of 6,021 stations of the Indian Railways.
Wi-fi is already available at the stations in Kathua, Budhi, Chhan Arorian, Hira Nagar, Ghagwal, Samba, Vijaypur, Bari Brahman, Jammu Tawi, Bajalta, Sangar, Manwal and Ram Nagar of the Jammu region.
Union Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal said: “Today, on World Wi-Fi Day, I am delighted to announce that Srinagar and 14 stations of the Kashmir Valley have become a part of one the largest integrated public Wi-Fi network in the world connecting 6000 plus stations across the country.
“All the stations of Valley now have public Wi-Fi. It is a crucial step for Digital India mission and will go a long way in connecting the unconnected. I convey my appreciation to the team Indian Railways and RailTel , which has worked tirelessly to achieve this remarkable feat,” the Railway Minister said, commending Indian Railways for achieving this commendable feat.
Minister of States for PMO, Jitendra Singh said: “I am very happy to note that 15 stations in the Kashmir Valley in Jammu and Kashmir are now live with RailWire Wi-Fi. This will be an added amenity for the people of the region and the country. I wish everyone a very Happy World Wi-Fi day.”
Designed to offer users the best internet experience, Wi-Fi at Railway stations will be available to any user who has a smartphone with working mobile connection for KYC considerations.
- LG P350 Optimus Me With Android OS Wi-Fi GPS Navigation
- Samsung I9000 Galaxy S Unlocked GSM Smartphone 5 MP Camera Wi-Fi Android
- Devising An Efficient Public-Transport System In South Africa
- An Overview of Wireless Networking
- Wireless Security - Getting It Right
- Choosing a Broadband Connection for VoIP
- How to Build a WiMAX Network
- Travel to London airports
- Consumer Reports - Laptops
- Marshall Kanner - Decoupling Superpages from Scatter
- Just One Big Mesh
- The 10 Best Deals of October 14, 2019
- Guide to Buying a Laptop Computer
- Explore Delhi in $2
- India Is On Move
- Considerations When Planning Conferences in Ipswich
- Winnipeg Jewel On The Prairie
- Early Auckland History
- The First Western Women To Travel To Nepal-Read What One Of Them Had To Say
- Top 10 Reasons to Live in Las Vegas
RailTel: Public Wi-fi available at all 15 railway stations of Kashmir Valley have 425 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.