A Flint, Michigan, police officer shot and killed a 19-year-old woman on Juneteenth who allegedly shot first.
ABC 12 reports that investigators say the woman, who was in a car, allegedly approached the officer while he was working the Juneteenth Parade and shot at him.
What "appeared to be a standoff between an officer and the driver of a silver car in the gas station parking lot" followed the shooting.
News 2 NBC noted the incident occurred just before 2:15 p.m. The woman was taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.
A City of Flint Police Department press release says , "Preliminary investigation indicates the officer, who was working a traffic point for the Juneteenth Celebration, was fired upon by the lone occupant of a vehicle who drove up to him at the traffic point. Upon taking fire, the officer returned fire, striking the suspect."
A witness said, "I saw an officer maybe ten feet to the left of me in front of a car with his gun out. I didn't see if anybody shot out of the car but I did see the officer shoot into the car and I could tell that he, from his look, like he mortally wounded somebody. He instantly fell to the ground crying because I felt like he didn't want to do whatever he had to do."
Another individual posted an alleged video of a portion of the incident on Facebook with the caption, "This car pulled up shooting first !! From inside the car with the windows still up! Which is what caused the police to shoot her he didn't shoot her for no reason he had his life and the parade to protect . Why shots was coming from inside the car is what I don't know."
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins , a weekly newsletter focused o n al l things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins . Reach him at [email protected] . You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange .
- OPD: Officer shoots, kills charging dog
- St. Louis police officer shoots, kills armed man
- Horror moment cop is 'executed' as he sat in his patrol car outside police HQ by man who shot him 10 times in the head after 'looking for officer to kill'
- League City Police ID’s officer who killed suspect
- Two children and a county probation officer are killed in shooting at Ontario home
- Alvin PD: Officers shoot man to end assault on woman
- In an Indian village, a woman's killing and alleged rape opens caste divides
- Mourning community scream 'dogs' and throw bottles at officers after Aboriginal mother was shot dead by police when she 'lunged at them with a knife'
- Portland police release names in officer shooting of man
- Beloit police shoot, kill suspect after chase
- Renton police shoot, kill man
- LAPD officer arrested, charged after allegedly caught on video fondling corpse
- Police shoot, kill man outside home in north Minneapolis
- At Least 1 Killed, Multiple People Shot in Canada's Mississauga
- Arkansas police officer 'executed' in car was shot 10 times in the head, investigators say as video emerges
- Delhi-based assailants kill woman; later shoot cop at Pune Railway Station
- Canon gun explodes, kills woman in Enugu as man celebrates acquisition of new masquerade
- Watch Body Camera Video Of Police Officers Shooting Detravian Allison
- DA: Police Justified In Shooting, Killing Abduction Suspect
- Cop shoots, kills driver after he tries to flee
Officer Shoots, Kills Woman Who Allegedly Shot First on Juneteenth have 593 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 21, 2021. This is cached page on TechNews. If you want remove this page, please contact us.